You are here

Shredding my man card.

Rags's picture

My bride flew out Thursday. I have been working late.  I get home, turn in the TV, which is on the Hallmark Channel.  I watch a couple of chick flicks, of course I would never ....

Wink

I fall asleep, and eventually find my way to bed.  Tonight, I go to Netflix.  Time for a man movie.  Arrr, arrr, arrr.

What do I choose to watch?

Stepmom.

Face palm.

My DW looks a lot like Julia Roberts.  

But Suzann Sarandon. Just wow.

Ed Harris.

Dude!  What is the secret sauce?

So much for a man movie.  Get home safely my dear.  I can't stand myself watching chick flicks without you.

Nothing skid related.

LittleCloud9's picture

I actually never watch chick flicks lol, only when my dh puts them on. It's ok to be a little soft under the tough guy outside, makes us gals love our hubbys all the more 

grannyd's picture

Yo, my dear Rags!

A guy who re-reads ‘Lucifer’s Hammer’, the most entertaining, apocalyptic, dude novel of all times, is deserving of a ‘chick flick’ or two, yeah? Thanks to your endorsement, a few years ago, my DH and I have thoroughly enjoyed that sci-fi narrative and yearn for a Netflix series. Is it possible?

All the best to you and  your 'bride'. My husband and I are well aware that nothing guarantees happiness like a solid marriage. Good

notsurehowtodeal's picture

I love Lucifer's Hammer! I'm a sucker for apocalyptic fiction. I'm going to have to find my copy and re-read it as well. Thanks!

SeeYouNever's picture

Aww, this is so dang cute. I'm not really into chick flicks but I like the girlie artsy movies like "phantom thread" "Brooklyn" or "the Danish girl" and my husband always rolls his eyes but then gets into them. A good movie is a good movie. 

Next time you watch a chick flick just pour a couple fingers of bourbon and I think it will all cancel out.