You are here

Should I call CPS?

bjmoore17's picture

Okay, so here's what happened. BioMom blew the transmission in her Escalade (bought with a portion of my bf's 401k when they divorced :sick: ). She had a rental car, a Cobalt, for three weeks. We are guessing that she paid for the transmission repair when she dropped off the Escalade. She had to pick it up after work one evening last week when the transmission repair shop was closed. This was all told to me and my bf by his 6 yr old son. This boy tells the TRUTH, even when we don't want to know the truth Smile He volunteers information to us every time he stays, usually without his other two siblings. We NEVER drill him for information.
Anyway, when they went to pick up the Escalade after repairs were done, they had to drive the Cobalt to the repair shop at night, around 9 p.m. The repair shop is kind of in a bad part of town. I would not go there at night, especially with my three kids. BioMom drives the Cobalt to the repair shop and then gets into the Escalade and allows her 14 year old unlicensed daughter to drive the Cobalt back home, about 17 miles. The 14 year old also has the 8 yr old in the Cobalt with her. She drives in front of the Escalade driven by BioMom and 6 yr old as her passenger. The way this whole conversation got started was because 6 yr old said "14 yr old went off the road" We were like "what do you mean, she went off the road?" Then he started telling us the whole story. Ahe had apparently ran off of the road while driving the car. After further inquiry with the 6 yr old, he tells us that the 14 yr old drives all the time on the main road with friends in the car. This is illegal and the kids could get hurt or killed!
What is wrong with this woman? Does she not realize that laws are made for the protection of the public? Allowing this 14 year old girl to drive is against the law and I feel like she is endangering the children by allowing it. What do we do? I know she will deny everything and the 14 year old will too. HELP!!!!

Jsmom's picture

Definitely call. It may not make a difference. But, I would call so at least you sleep better at night. Sounds like BM thinks the rules don't apply to her. Lovely....

bjmoore17's picture

You are sooooooo right! She really believes the rules don't apply to her. She has gotten away with so much in the last few years since they have been divorced and I really think she believes she is unstoppable.

purpledaisies's picture

I agree with blendedfam, The kid will lie b/c he is not going to lose the right to drive. I know ti is not a right but anyway what would you expect out of a 15 yr. old? Bad parenting on bm's part yes but i doubt anything will happen. Best bet is for your bf to talk to her about it.

bjmoore17's picture

He can't talk to her about anything at all. Every time he has ever tried to talk to her, she blows everything out of proportion and makes him out to look like an SOB. He is a very calm person and approaches her just he would if he were going to tell me something. I have never heard him use a negative tone when talking to her, but she just goes nuts every time. So he made the decision to only talk to her when he absolutely has to. We don't really want to say anything about the driving yet, because we want her to allow the 14 yr old to continue to drive. As bad as that sounds....we actually want her to get pulled over where they live so we have proof, like an actual police report, that this is happening. We just keep praying that nobody gets hurt.

fedupstepmomma's picture

without proof, they most likly wont do anything. they may visit bm and question the allegations, but they probably wont do anything else.

had the 14yr gotten hurt or hurt/killed someone else, then they would do something. with alot of people maing false accusations all the time, they need lots of proof before they remove kids.

its sad but true. my nephew is 3 and he has told us his moms bf hits her and and hits him as well, and cps has been called numerous times but unless there is proof the bf hits them, they wont take a child's words seriously. especially a 3yr old. sick but true.

purpledaisies's picture

One thing I would like to point out is that it doesn;t matter what bm bought with bf 401k when they got divorced. Bm got half of my dh's 401k and I have no idea what she spent the money on and I don;t care. However I do know that b/c she got half of his 401k and retirement and such in dh's will nothing is left to her or the kids. I get it all if/ when he dies. She already got her share when they got divorced. Plus dh said the boys will be taken care of he made sure of that. I just thought that it doesn;t matter what she spent the money on is all.

bjmoore17's picture

No, it doesn't matter what she spent the money on, but it makes me want to vomit when she drives an Escalade and the utilities are turned off in their home for nonpayment. She can drive a top of the line vehicle, but can't keep the power on.
To be honest...this post isn't about what she bought with 401k money. It's about the safety of the children and advice on what to do about it. So, let's stick to the topic please.

violetforest's picture

I would have sworn that my ss did not lie either at least not to us that we ever found out and then Bm began taking just him without his older brother for everyother weekend visits for a period of 9 months. We had no idea the stories that he was beginning to tell her and she of course never attempted to discuss her concerns with BF.

This was the beginning of the three year night mare. Kids will do what ever it takes to get their parents to approve of them expecially a parent who is just coming back into a child's life.

bjmoore17's picture

OMG, I can't imagine what that was like. We are trying to be very careful and not do anything we will regret later on. I am friends with a lot of local sheriff's and state police, so I was thinking of mentioning it to them, just so they could keep an eye out for her driving and maybe pull her over to get the ball rolling.

CaliStepMomma's picture

I wouldn't call CPS, but I would go to the police and make a report. They might even try to contact BM about it or SS14 to scare them out of keeping it up. Yikes! That is scary!