You are here

should i ask SD if she wants me to take her chistmas shopping?

byebyebirdie's picture

ok SD is 13 and goes to mall all the time she so am i suppose to actually ask her if she wants me to take her shopping for a gift for her dad....? she does not talk to me and i am to the point that i am done talking to her with the exception of polite hello and goodbye....
last year this girl whom DH and everyone else related thinks is so wonderful and thoughtful failed to get her dad a gift for christmas.... and she had lots of opportunity to go i think i even told her i was going to mall and i used to always invite her to go.... i dont do this anymore cause driving in silence is so awkward plus she seems to be there all the time with friends anyway.
as far as money goes for christmas gifts from kids they have to use own money which they have my kids have to buy the gifts they give out too. its not like they spend a lot but i feel they cant use own money for some presents so since she is at mall and store anyway all the time am i still suppose to ask her to go this weekend?
i did feel bad last year for my husband and the skid felt like a heel to so i am thinking she wont do it twice but who knows.