You are here

shocked..... maybe not

stepmom123456's picture

last week we went up to SO friends cottage, it was just us and kids ( step kids 17 years old and mine 15 ) his friend was not there, he just let us have the cottage for few days.

we had ok time,.... the shocker was...... when we got home, i went through SS room after he left ( already caught him with drugs and booze 5x in the house) so i check his room sometimes as his dad won't!!!!  i find a coffee grinder and a box it came in- brand new..... same one i saw inside the cottage!!! WTF is wrong with him, so embarrassing!!!  In his drawer he has 4 or 5 different scales and what does he need a grinder for? To grind weed?

I am so disgusted! I will never go anywhere with him,

And he wonders why I don’t try with his kids!!!! Cause every time they fuck up there is no real punishment!

I told SO and his reaction was: it’s only $12.99 or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF, I don’t care if it’s a dollar, who does that? How can he not be freaking out that his son just stole something from his friends cottage! A cottage that was given to us for free!

Also, SS set fire in the backyard on my wicker coffee table, couches are wicker and I noticed our brand new carpet has holes!!!! When I questioned,  his sister told me what happened, the coffee table glass on wicker went up in flames, SO laughed!!!! What kind of parent laughs at that, he said he will have to replace the carpet with his own money but I know he will never press for this to happen.

What is wrong with SO, why won’t he parent those kids!!!!

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Wow. I'm sorry, but I am having a very hard time understanding why you want to be with someone who is okay with his kid being a criminal.

classyNJ's picture

Yes the coffee grinder is to grind weed.  It grinds everything including the seeds so you don't have to clean it.

**Disclaimer**:  I have some pot head friends that are old and use one.  I get tested so none for me. 

Wacko

TrueNorth77's picture

That is ridiculous!! I would be mortified if a skid stole something from a cabin we were being allowed to use for free! Or even if it wasn't free! My SO would TEAR him up too, none of this "oh it's only $12.99" crap. That's not the point! He should be made to give it back, with an apology note, or even a face-to-face apology, plus grounding. I would probably have a talk with SS myself on that one, if my SO didn't address it properly. I'm not going to be a part of raising an asshole. And what does he think will happen if there are no consequences? SS will just magically be a better person on his own? Sure. If your DH thinks this is the end of that kind of thing, he has another thing coming, and I bet he will be kicking himself when SS is in jail, for not addressing it properly now.

StepUltimate's picture

Coffee grinder is being used for weed. Fine-drip grinding maximizes the high. Sorry you're going through this. 

Maxwell09's picture

As the others have said the grinder for weed as are the scales he has. Sounds like he is destined to be a delinquent while your DH sits by and laughs his way through all of it. I would invite friend over when Skid is there and bring out the ginder and make him return it to him right then and there. Hopefully it will embarass your skid and his father enough to change....now whether that change is to stop stealing or get better at it so you can't confront them again is probably a toss up.

lorlors's picture

Never mind the weed issue which is bad enough in itself, the main issue for me is the theft of an item from a cottage a friend had the kindness to let you stay in for free. Your outrage and disgust is spot on. Maybe your DH is smoking the weed too as his reaction is far too blase and relaxed considering HIS SON stole from his friend. 

If it was my SS, I would call the friend and explain what had happened and return the item. It will be worse if they notice and realise or suspect that you or one of your family members took it.

ndc's picture

I am stunned at your husband's reaction to his son stealing from a friend.  Only $12.99?????????  There are bigger problems here than SS being a petty thief.

amyburemt's picture

your husband keeps enabling the behavior, your ss will continue. It's a little wierd that he thought it was funny. Actually a lot wierd. No mature parent who actually parents their child would think that was funny and condone it. Does your husband steal? I would seriously have a hard time trusting someone who parents like this. What's next? heroine? 

Lndsy747's picture

That's a totally inappropriate response to the theft and definitely agree that he was going to use it for week. If he has 5 scales in his room then he's not just smoking weed he's selling it.