You are here

She won't let him play baseball because....

KTANNE's picture

So, I am fuming with anger right now and need some advice on what we can do and to vent before I explode! My soon to be SS, 7, was signed up by his mother for his school's baseball team. He played on the team last year and even made the all-star team; he is awesome! She also signed herself up to be a coach and not my soon to be DH, even though he's been coaching 2 years now. So, it was decided that there were too many coaches this year so she was told she can't be a coach and same was told to my soon to be DH. So what did she do? She pulled her kid off of the team!!! He loves baseball and is SO good at it and because she can't coach he can't play! Is there something we can do in the court? Anything to help?

stepmom008's picture

Ugh. What a twat.

Who is the primary custodian?

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

stepmom008's picture

Then what's holding you back from signing him up again? She didn't consult you when she chose to pull him out so if he wants to be on the team, I'd just go ahead and sign him up again.

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

CrystalRE's picture

LOL...SM008! You are hilarious!

She sounds like a nut! I think that is one of the worst cases of "selfish-BM syndrom" that I have ever heard!!!

KTANNE's picture

So we just found out today, Wednesday, at 2:30pm, our night to have my SS, that she signed him up through her city's baseball team and we can't have him tonight because he has practice!!!! We asked SS on Tuesday if his BM had signed him up on any teams and he said no, I don't want to play. I am trying to control my anger towards him and his BM but I am having a really really hard time with this ..... What do you all do to control the anger so it doesn't engulf you day and night?

KTANNE's picture

We want him to play baseball, he is awesome at it! The point is that we had him on a team, she pulled him off and went behind our backs and put him on a totally different team, without his school friends, so she could be in control of the situation.

StepChicka's picture

Uh...I wouldn't pay darn penny towards the city team she put him on. You already paid for him to be on previous one. DH could also argue that SS is bummmed out and doesn't want to play on the city team. Remind her what is in the best interest of the child...not her. I doubt the court can do much currently BUT you can and are allowed to dictate what you want for him on your days with him. That means no city team practice or city games on your weekend.

All these points should sway her but in the end let the boy play boy rather than no ball at all. Even he's playing on both teams.