You are here

sentences you've heard that make it all worth it. (at least for the moment)

javagirl's picture

"Can you be my secret stepmom without my mom finding out? I love you" Future SD4

purpledaisies's picture

"No one in our family believes the same way mom believes". ss15 Long story but basically he was talking about how bm told us that her whole family and her friends all think that my dd doesn't look like me. it boiled down to bm lying yet again. But it was nice to hear from ss15 even though I never said anything to bm.

WeddedBliss.sofar's picture

Not a sentence - but a hug from SD12 in front of all her friends - for no reason.

stepfamilyfriend's picture

One simple thing was whenever people assumed I was SD's mom, and either said " your daughter" or told her" your mom...." she never once objected or made a face. She almost seemed like she liked it. That made me feel good.
Sentences:
" everything you make is just the best food ever" SD

" I have never eaten something you've made that did not taste awesome" SS

" not everybody is as strong and gnarly as you" SD
" wow, you actually have a nice body..." SD
" thanks for making everything more fun" SD

That's what comes to mind. Nothing too gushy, but I'll take it.

stepfamilyfriend's picture

I am sorry Draco. That would be very hard. I know I was lucky there, it could have been very different and painful. You sound like a really caring, together person and I hope that you will be recognized as such at some point.

HadEnoughx5's picture

I feel your pain. In the beginning before BM started with her PAS mission, the skids would not be too bad. Now, they tell everyone who assumes I'm the BM that I'm the step mom.

When my SS broke his leg recently, the med tech was puting a new cast on him. I had both SS's with me, the other has aspergers so anything that comes to mind with him just spills off his lips. The med tech called me "mom" and said I had my hands full with these boys.The asperger skid says "she's step mom"! The med tech looked him in the eye and said "like I said, MOM has her hands full!"

Both the boys clammed up and never said another word. Blum 3

I do have to say the one sentence that has always stuck in my mind is "why does my mom hate you so much?" :jawdrop:

It's amazing how perceptive they really can be! Wink

purpledaisies's picture

I have one more that I just realized that is a HUGE thing but it is just normal here.

"thank you purple". each one of them has said to me for various things I have done.

TheBrightSide's picture

SD10 in the back seat, me driving...the subject came up that one of her teachers thought BM and DH were married...and I asked her "do you wish your mom and dad were still together"..without hesitation she answered "no, because then I wouldn't have you"....

I'll never, ever forget it.

I know I will NEVER come before her parents and I know I will never have my own biological child (although I wanted)...but I'm very thankful that SD10 is who she is.

OBrien88's picture

"How did you get so smart?" -SD5

"You know EVERYTHING!" -SD5

Fiancee is trying to pull a splinter out of SD5's foot in the bathroom and as I walk by I hear, "I think Dustin should do it." -SD5

"When's Dustin going to be home?" -SD5

"We can't eat yet, Dustin hasn't sat down with us. WAIT!" -SD5

AliceP's picture

They baked us a heart shaped chocolate cake that said "we love you dad and (me)" and said it was cause they never get to spend our birthdays with them. It was sweet, I cried.

I wish we didn't have a mountain between us-SD10

You are calmer then BM you don't yell-SD9 (I totally yell at DH when they are out of the room. lol)

Doubletakex3's picture

LOL!!!!!

Gabriels Mom's picture

SS goes to stay with my in-laws 6 weeks every summer (they live in another state), he was 7 at the time. We picked him and MIL up at the airport.

SS: "Heathhhhhhhherrrrrrrrr!" He slammed into me so hard he knocked me down and said "Sorry but I missed you Oh and I got you a present" I burst into tears at the airport. It was the first time I realized how much I meant to him.

ctnmom's picture

Pseudo step CTBB at age 6. DH and I are 19 and 20 year old newlyweds. We 3 are playing Monopoly and I draw the card that says "You've won 2nd prize in a beauty contest". CTBB turns to DH and says, complete with suprise and wide eyes, "If I were the judge ctn would've won 1st prize!" That alone got me thruogh his teenage years! Biggrin

giveitago's picture

BM dropped SD, 10 at the time, off because she had to be off school with injuries...fell from her bike. I took care of her for the duration and while I was adjusting her bandage she asks me 'how did you get to be such a good momma?' I hugged her and said 'years of practice!'.

Doubletakex3's picture

"Can we keep her?" SS11 (shortly after I moved in with them)

"If you don't marry her, I will!" SD10

"Thank you. You're really a nice person." SD10

"She's really cool." SS16

SW2613's picture

All said by SS7:

"I have 2 mommas now, 1 nice momma and 1 mean old bad one." (Said the day after we got married, from that point on he exclusively on his own started calling me momma and started little my little calling her by her first name to now he exclusively refers to her by name)

"You're the best momma in the whole world"

"I love you too much!"

"You know why I love you? Because you take care of me and keep me safe."

"I've never had a parent like you."

"Yep! That's my mom! Isn't she beautiful?" (Overheard him saying this to his after-school art class, because the kids thought I was so young looking)

ctnmom's picture

CTBB was actually a pretty well behaved LITTLE kid, like a little man, kinda a loner. Didn't need much discipline. Well, when we were 1st married our apartment was accross from a little waterway that had ducks. CTBB loved to feed those ducks! One day he and I were over there and he kept getting too close to the edge, I was telling him and telling him but he was not listening. Finally it was CTBB, STAY AWAY FROM THAT EDGE! He looked at me dumdfounded and said " you yelled. I didn't know you knew how to do that"