You are here

Seeing Red... It Must Be Tax Time

ErinOnTheEdge's picture

So furious because BM is up to her old tricks again. Just got the call from my CPA that our taxes were rejected because someone already claimed SD on their taxes. It is really taking every fiber in my body not to pick up the phone, call BM and start screaming at her.

She does the EVERY YEAR. EVERY YEAR we appeal to the IRS and EVERY YEAR we win. I think last year was the first time she didn't do this, so I thought she was done with it. Guess not! :sick:

Can't even think straight right now.

frustratedstepdad's picture

Wow, that really sucks. Can't they get her on tax fraud or something?

ErinOnTheEdge's picture

Yep, have to print out and mail, along with all our "evidence". It works for her because she always files a lot earlier than we do. I just don't get why she keeps doing it, when she keeps getting smacked down!!

ErinOnTheEdge's picture

I would hope so. I think all they do is send her a letter saying that her claim has been disallowed and that she has to pay back her refund. I guess it is never enough $$$ for them to really go after her.

Oh well, only 1,617 days left of having to put up with BM's bs.

hismineandours's picture

Yep this is what we are dealing with right now. Our nice refund is just being held for us while they try and figure out why bm claimed ss when we have a court order clearing stating that it is not her year AND she did not have the proper form signed giving her permission to claim him.

12yrstepmonster's picture

Going thru this as well but SD claimed her own self.

Full time student, and DH paid support on her. She claims it was a mistake and she corrected.

Very glad this is our last year for her support and dependency.