You are here

secret marriage

cant win for losin's picture

I am curious. You know how sometimes these relationships in blended familys come to a head, get worse, fall apart, etc when the "couple" marries?
Well i wonder if anyone here, or if anyone knows of someone, who ran off and secretly got married?
I cant help but think, hmmm i wonder if that kid or this kid would have not acted like that had they thought the couple was still "dating"?
And im talking about those kids who changed or did something or said something just because the topic of marriage was approached.

ms.blessed.n.distressed's picture

Everytime I say anything about marriage SS would start bawling. Then he would tell me stories about DH and BM together. He would say "I want a REAL brother and sister. Half DOESN'T mean as much." Or "My mommy and daddy should be the ones married to eachother. What will you be to me IF you marry my daddy?! I already have a mommy. That's just fricken weird" "I just want my mommy and daddy and me and no one else in my daddy's house. No one else should be here." "I didn't.know this was your house... I thought it was my daddy's and u just stayed here."The brat was 9 when saying this crap. I finally had it and snapped. Told him his MOM and DAD would never be together again muchless get married. I'm marrying your dad whether u like it or not. I'm not going anywhere so u better get usto me and start treating me right or we are going to have some serious problems. This is MINE and your dads HOME. Your dad is in love with and loves me and only me. If I ever hear you say anything like that about your sisters again I will make your life Hell. Those babies love and adore you so much. How dare you say that about them! You're supposed to be their big brother and protect them. And one more thing quit talking like a damn baby or I will make your wear a diaper to school tomorrow!!!!!!!

Too harsh... Eh who cares. Brat deserves it.

wonderland0819's picture

My SS8 didn't have any issues with DH and I dating. He gave DH permission to marry me. DH asked all of the kids what they thought about it. SS8 was a little wary. He talked to MIL and she explained everything to him, and he finally called DH one day and said it was okay with him. (this is how I found out I was getting my proposal... I overheard SS on the phone.)After we actually got married though, SS has been a nightmare. He pulls the you aren't my mom card all the time, says he doesn't consider me family, and acts like a little hellion. All stuff he didn't do before. I think that by us not saying anything for awhile, it may have caused this to be less, however I wouldn't want to keep my marriage a secret. I am proud to be married to DH. I am happy with the life I have, minus SS being an idiot!!!

liks's picture

yes my DH asked his kids if he could marry me.....HOW SICK IS THAT???

you know they said yes and that they liked me...but they wanted to be his only biokids and that we wearnt allowed anymore children...

CAN YOU BELIEVE THEIR SELFISH CHEEK?

Oh by the way....I brought my 3 kids into our marriage and it really put their noses out of joint bc my kids are incredible sports kids, usually the best on their teams of what ever they do....and the skids are nothing but fat fugly slobs....cant even beat my kids in their fbox crap games...

so skids are insanely jealous of us all

lac925's picture

My BF and I are close to getting married - we're going to wait until after our 2nd son is born. I'm thinking that his kids (my SKIDS) won't take to it too well, even though we've been together for over 6 years now. We were talking about a small ceremony at his parent's beach cottage, but then the issue of INVOLVING the skids in the ceremony is still a bit tricky. HE wants them in it, but I'm not so sure. They're prone to causing drama when outside the privacy of the home and knowing them, they'll want to ruin the day for me (at least SD8 will!). The day would start out being about me and BF celebrating our love, but then end up being about catering to the demands of his 8 yr old brat. I even went so far as to suggest a private ceremony at City Hall, and then a celebration party at the beach cottage - at least then, all the official stuff will already be official, and the SKIDS won't be able to interfere...But I don't think I should have to limit myself just because SD8 needs to have all the attention - it's supposed to be MY day, right? I also want my 2 boys as ringbearers, and it wouldn't be fair if they couldn't just because of one little girl! Well, hopefully, their mother will refuse to let them participate (since she hates me so much) and then I won't have to worry about it!