You are here

SDs creepy facebook conversations

Ilikemycatbetter's picture

I gave SD12 my old laptop awhile back to use for school work. I had some old photos and videos on there that I needed to get today and noticed that she had left a conversation open on Facebook with a boy from school. It was awful, this boy is 14 and is talking about her having sex with another boy! There was also something about what her creepy step father had told her that as long as there's not a "throbbing cock" on the movies she watches, he'll let her watch it. There was also talk about putting her in a private school which BM has mentioned nothing to us about. Do I tell DH? I have no idea what to do!

texanTD12's picture

Of course you tell DH. Some of that may be for attention as well. She is after the wrong kind of attention.

AllySkoo's picture

Hmmm. Well, take what she wrote with a grain of salt, to start. Teenagers will often lie (or at least exaggerate) to maximize the Drama Factor. So, for example, stepdad might've said, "if there are no naked guys, you can watch", and she changed the language (but not the meaning) to make it more shocking.

Or she might be writing the absolute truth. You just never know.

I think maybe you need to say to DH, "I needed some pictures from the computer, and found something that's worrying me. Can I show you?" Then let him read it for himself and take it from there. If he does nothing, then so be it. At least you brought it to his attention.

Jsmom's picture

Show it to him. Do not tell him. We get accused of being negative. This way he or she can not spin it.

Stepped in what momma's picture

I'm with the other ladies, show it to him and let him figure out what to do with the information.