You are here

SD's birthday today...

MamaDuck's picture

SO text BM last night asking if he can call in the morning to wish SD a happy birthday.. no reply. He tried calling this morning, one of her numbers is disconnected, the other she won't answer.

They have mediation this morning, we already know her lawyer isn't turning up, we suspect she might not either.

I don't understand her. I used to get mad at my ex if he didn't make the effort to call the kids on their birthday's, birthday calls from Dad makes kids happy (well, kids who haven't been PASed) why would a mother not want her child to feel special on her birthday by not handing a phone over GRR that's all she would have to do!

Vent over...

Looking forward to seeing the newly 4yo munchkin tomorrow evening and celebrating her birthday then Smile

shenanigans's picture

Shame on this selfish BM! She is trying to hurt the Dad's feeling and can't see that she is really hurting SD instead!

Enjoy your wonderful day tomorrow with the "newly 4yo munchkin" and make sure that munchkin knows that her daddy tried to call her on her birthday.

hereiam's picture

Well, I don't know about your BM, but BM over here would take this opportunity to tell her daughter, "See, your dad doesn't love you, he didn't even call you on your birthday. Probably doesn't even remember when it is." Then she would get SD crying really good and call DH so he could listen to his daughter cry.

Thank God SD is now 22 and we don't have to put up with crap like this anymore.

emotionaly beat up's picture

My husband sent his daughter a 21st birthday card with a bank cheque enclosed. They were estranged at the time. 10 days later at 1am on a Sunday morning he gets a drunken call from her screaming at him for ignoring her 21st birthday not even sending her a card. He says he did,there was a cheque inside it.

Well what do you know, the very next day, when she returned home from school what do you think had miraculously arrived in the mail that Monday morning, A 21st birthday card with cheque enclosed from dh.

It appears though that I was, the only person to believe that BM had that card all along, and only produced it after sd told her on the Sunday that dh sent a card and a cheque. The card had been sent a couple of days before the birthday, by the time she got it, it had supposedly been in the mail for 12 days.

Never will get mothers hurting their children's feelings deliberately to feed their own hate.

SMof2Girls's picture

SD6's bday was last Wednesday. BM wouldn't let DH talk to her. She told him that he'll see her Friday and he can wish her a happy bday then.

We already know that she doesn't give the skids cards or anything else we send in the mail, so that route is pretty lost to us too.

"shrugs* .. I'll never understand a parent who wants to exclude the active, loving, positive parent from their child's life.

Patsy's picture

I would say you have a long road ahead of you if she is doing this now to a 4yr old! It makes me :sick: when I hear what some of these CP's (usually BM's) do to their kids. It will never end with a mother like that. Oh boy is this the same woman who your DH wanted you to meet her friends? Don't you just love how all these people see her "good" side and the evil only comes out with your SO? GGRR it makes me so mad!