You are here

SD22 got cut off of assistance, XW calling FDH for $ to help SD22

goincrazy.com's picture

Maybe this is just my "I told you so" moment but...........I KNEW IT! TOLD YOU!!!

SD22 is so DUMB- not even kidding, that girl has ZERO common sense.

So As I wrote about before SD22 took out 3 student loans to buy a 2011 same exact car as mine. She's on Rental assistance, welfare, food stamps, daycare assistance and goes to community college for free.........the county caught on and CUT HER ASS OFF!!!

Poor, poor SD22 is rolling a 2011 nice car but has no $, no daycare, no cash assistance NOTHING. Tell me WHY XW calls FDH yesterday asking him to help SD22 out with $ bc she got cut off of assistance...........TOUGH LOVE- she's a big girl and she has shown us time and time again she wants to learn the hard way.......Nope FDH agreed to give her an extra $50 cash along with her $100 cash xmas gift bc SD22 is crying that she has no $ to take the state certification test in what she's going to school for.............
Apparently he's also letting her junk his old car to keep the cash "bc she's doing good and I want to help her"

Not saying it's a whole lot but jesus, you wonder why his kids make dumb decisions bc daddyyyy to the rescue- AND she is 22, why the fuck is XW calling FDH to help her and not SD22??? Irks the shit out of me. Am I wrong???

GAHHHHHHHHHH! I'm surrounded by idiots!

goincrazy.com's picture

I agree $50 isn't much but it does irritate me that she makes decisions that everyone tells is is not a good choice then plays the poor me i don't have the $, Didn't she think about that?! Thats what frustrates me.......

hereiam's picture

I agree with you. My SD makes stupid, stupid, stupid choices and just cannot understand that there are consequences.

hereiam's picture

My SD is 22 and my husband refuses to talk to BM.

SD herself calls my DH and hints around about needing money but he just lets it go in one ear and out the other. Of course she needs money, she has 2 kids and no job.

He has put gas in her car once and we gave her money when we took her to the Farmer's Market, but that's about as far as we're willing to go (she tried to pocket the money at the market; we made her spend it on fruits & veggies since that's what we gave it to her for).

Several months ago, I gave her a list of phone numbers of agencies that would help her get a job. Has she called any of them? No.

I told her a couple of months ago that a lot of places hire for seasonal help and that could turn into full time employment. Did she go to any of those place to inquire? No.

My husband has told her where to go to get help getting her GED. Has she gone? I think you know the answer.

I refuse to keep trying to help somebody who has no inclination to help herself.
She just wants someone else to take care of her and her ex-husband obviously didn't want the job. Well, neither do I.

doll faced sm's picture

Lol!

Okay, off topic, but this reminds of a story from my student loan servicing days. A girl called saying she was unable to make her loan payments. I could forbear her Fed loans, but she had already maxed out the forbearance time on her private education loans, and they made up the bulk of her payment. Her defense was that she'd just bought a new Mercedes, and followed that that up with, "What am I supposed to do? Let them repossess my car?"

Amber Miller's picture

My lovely SD took out student loans and never passed a single class. Of course daddy was there, waiting with checkbook in hand, ready to pay them off. She didn't get an education but she sure got a lot of nice designer clothes and handbags.

goincrazy.com's picture

That enrages me, My parents didn't help me with a dime for school and I worked my ass off and I''m still paying my student loans and have a degree to show for it. UGH

Rags's picture

Sounds to me that SD22 is about to get a whole bucket of life lessions right in the face. The mose I would do for her if I were your DH would be to pay the state directly for her licensing test. That is it.

She bought the car, she signed for the school loans, she needs to feel the pain of her decions.

Cocoa's picture

why is bm calling your dh? ever? i'm scared to death because of these loser kids, our dh's will remain in contact with their exes, just like when the kids were little. i'm going to be in the same boat, but i'm not going to tolerate it. if dh remains in contact with bm after skids hit their 20s (other than something MAJOR with skids - and getting cut off welfare isn't in my opinion - and neither is jail because I see a lifetime of this coming my way) i'm going to have to throw the gauntlet down and make some very hard choices. i'm not going to live the rest of my life with my stomach in knots every time his phone rings, wondering what wonderful drama his first family is causing. not. going. to. doit. it's bad enough I still have close to 8 years ahead of me because of ss12. going to have this very serious conversation with dh soon about ss18, giving him a heads up warning.

goincrazy.com's picture

WE had a huge blow out last night and this is what I expressed...I said in my mind after Sd16 is 18 and you no longer have to pay XW child support you have no reason for her to call you, he said he can't wait. I laid it out for him last night and said from what is going on now I predict that XW will be calling you 10 years from now to discuss/ask for $ for skid. I DON'T PLAY THAT SHIT and if he doesn't make that boundary clear once again and enforce it I don't see a long future. I also said when he gets his balls back from SD16 and XW to holler at me bc shit is changing real quick around these parts.......

He doesn't talk to XW much but when she calls it's always asking for $ or yelling at him about something with SD16 whe she don't know what really happened- thats the end of that

asnoraford's picture

I know it's only $50, but that's this time. That doesn't count for last time and the next time. She is 22 yrs old, but will never be an adult until her family allows her to be one - that requires her actually learning how to problem solve her issues and deal with the situations she's created. If I could go to my mother or father and get them to pay for the last of my student loans, trust me, I still might - even though that was decades ago!