You are here

SD14 ignores me and her little brother 2.

Craving Normality's picture

My DD9 goes to the same school as SD14. I walk my DD9 with my DS2 to school every day. We see SD14 every day on the way to school. Sometimes she acknowledges us, other times not. It is really hit and miss. She upsets DS2 when she does this. My DD9 is used to it and just says how rude she can be.
she will ignore us in the afternoon ans then ring SO to see if she can sleep over because she wants to go to the mall and my house is on the public transport line so the only way she can do late nihht shopping is if she stays here.
There is no visitation schedule in place.
lasr Thursday she wanted to stay. After being ignored both to and from school, I said no, my home is not for any ones convenience but my own.
I know it's not really that relevant but it is my home. SO moved in with me and I told him his children arr welcome whenever they want when they learn to be kind to me, my child and our child.
Have I been too mean?

ENuff's picture

No you are not mean. It's called respect

What message is your dS2 gonna get from SD's rudeness everyday. Do you just dismiss it as her being moody ~ it's funny cause I know if I was ever rude I'd have my ass handed to me. There is no excuse for rudeness ~ I don't give two shits how horrible someone thinks their family life is ~ you buck up n be nice not rude. All these excuse people give for their behaviors are just flippin ridiculous. Grow some balls ~ address your child's hideous behavior n save the world from their endless bs. The parents have to stop enabling little jack n Jill cause their parents got divorced. Freakin use the simple skill called communication ~ it's a tool that's been around for centuries.

Sorry I m just frustrated with enabling parents who give their kids excuses for their behavior. Look in the mirror behind your kid ~ it is what it is ~ own it and do something about it ~ it's not the step parents responsible to tame your beast. Get your head out of your asses.

ENuff's picture

The upside to your SDs behavior is that I am sure you are teaching your children the valuable lesson that so many people overlook that's called empathy. Parents teach children empathy if they engage and communicate. If you dismiss empathy your teaching your children entitlement. I have no time for entitled children !!

Why would you move out? He could lease a place himself. Obviously you are thinking I am being too harsh if you said you would move out.

thinkthrice's picture

Yep, HRNYC has been and always will be a kid HATER.

"He (or she) who withholds discipline from his (her) child, HATES his (her) child."

I agree.

Disillusioned's picture

Call your SD out on her behavior "I'm sorry SD, but if you can't so much as acknowledge your brother and step-sister let alone me when we see you, well no, you can't stay over to go shopping at the mall. When you're willing to treat us a little nicer and politely say hello when we see you, then sure we'd love to have you stay over. Until then, I'm sorry but I don't think so"

That's exactly what I should be doing. I asked my SO to say something similar but he is always too gutless to say anything.

ENuff's picture

It is ironic to say this but every time I have an issue with my children or Sd I always ask myself this question.

What would my Mom do or say for this issue ???
It's amazing ~ how I find the answers of what I would say or do.

The fathers that we are involved with or married to are all so worried how their children will feel if they the right thing. Will he/she disown me ? Will he/she never speak to me , be angry or upset with me. Grow some balls n deal with the problem at hand ~ don't think about the future problems.

It's like a flow chart

Is this behavior from my child acceptable ???

Yes or No

Yes equals understanding
No equals consequences for their behavior.

Isn't that simple enough caveman !!! Not a difficult question.

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Actually she sounds like a typical self absorbed teenage girl. They can be evil like that.