You are here

SD11 severely lacking maturity

NoNameThx's picture

SD10 will turn 11 in two weeks. I think she is really beyond immature for her age. Even my own parents have stated she acts more like a 7 year old than an almost 11 year old.

Anyways, can anyone tell me if I'm overreacting about these two things or not?

1)When she spends the night at her grandma's, she sleeps in bed WITH her grandma. Mind you, SD10 has her own bedroom at her grandma's because she visits often...but chooses to cuddle up to grandma at night. I think this is BEYOND weird, and immature. Thinking of myself when I was 10...no way in hell would I have wanted to share the bed with any family member, because I was at the age where I wanted to be seen as mature and I wanted my own space!

2)I found out that on Saturday mornings, when I go out and do my grocery shopping, SD10 sneaks into our bedroom and cuddles with DH.....IN OUR BED.

NoNameThx's picture

You think it's appropriate for a girl that has already hit puberty to be cuddling with her dad in bed? As in spooning, stroking each others' hair?

Her grandma is less questionable of course, I just don't understand why girl that old would want to.

luchay's picture

2)I found out that on Saturday mornings, when I go out and do my grocery shopping, SD10 sneaks into our bedroom and cuddles with DH.....IN OUR BED.

Oh been there! Only my SD was 11 turning 12 at the time, and my OH sleeps naked. I leave the house early on Saturdays with my DD's and one day when we got back SD said to me "I love it when you go out early on Saturday because after you leave I go and get into YOUR spot in the bed and snuggle with daddy!"

EEEEUUUUWWWWWW

A. When I left he was still asleep and as I said - NAKED!
B. Pissing contest anyone....
C. We have regular sex on those sheets - just eeeuuuuwww at the thought of the whole thing.

I talked to him about it, and he didn't have a problem with it!! I said "but you are naked!" He says when he realises she's there he grabs some shorts....

I said "what if she's snuggling in to your back and you think it's me and get a hard-on?"

I also told him that she is laying where we fuck.

And that *I* for one am not comfortable with his almost teenaged and quite well developed daughter being IN out bed, or even ON our bed for that matter (although that would be better than IN)

He said they just like to snuggle and talk about there week, I said do it on the couch or ON her bed. NOT in our bed.

I think after the visuals from the first few points and me leaving out a few "adult" items, lingerie etc he got the message.

But no, at that age she should not be IN bed with daddy.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

I think it's fine if he wants to set himself up for a sexual abuse allegation. If you've got a psycho BM, you never know what she'll pull.

Drac0's picture

LOL!

That's how I got my DW to stop SS from climbing into bed with us! DW was letting SS climb into bed with us during the night for a cuddle (SS was 7 at the time). DW and her ex were in the middle of a custody battle. I said "Honey? How do you think it is going to play out in court when SS tells his Dad that he sleeps in bed with us?" DW immediately starting taking measures to get SS to sleep in his own bed on his own. It was a VERY agonizing process that took about 5 years to instill.

luchay's picture

"My mom likes salt, too. (your mom likes meth, you little ***$%*%^#%%*^)

ROFLMAO - I just spat coffee all over the computer!

Willow2010's picture

, I said do it on the couch or ON her bed. NOT in our bed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I really don't see anything wrong at this age.

But I do agree with luchay on this above. Do not cuddle in OUR bed. Just eeewww...

momagainfor4's picture

It has taken me almost 3 years to put a stop to this. But I finally did. Last time we had a pissing contest over the whole bedroom issue, sd got all pissed and huffed off. My SO got really mad at me for excluding her from our bedroom. I then pointed to my vibrator and said..ya know.. this is my personal space and she might find something she doesn't want if she just barges in here. Then he tried to say..well at her mom's she has access to their room. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I said, this is not their room! End of story and she has only gone in there now when I'm gone.

But I'm making sure that I'm putting an end to that this weekend if she comes here. I'm going to tell her straight out. Do not dig through the drawers in the house or the bathroom or our bedroom. If you need something ask. But don't snoop through things. I don't think that's mean.

For the snuggling thing. It baffles me really. When I first got with my SO, sd would crawl up in his lap, our friends laps. Just whoever. It was almost like she was 5 not 10. It was weird to me. Having raised my daughters to be warm and loving, I still had a hard time dealing with this kid rubbing and wallowing all over my bf. It was awkward that if I got up to go get a drink or bathroom, I'd come back and this kid would be sitting in my spot.. still warm.. rubbing all over her dad.

A few times he made her move. Finally now he just tells her to go sit down. She doesn't try to do it as much bc I give her death stares. She's kind stopped.

I agree with the whole in bed thing. It's a no no.
To be honest, it's gross. And totally over the line. In no way does his kid need to be getting in bed with him when you leave. Naked or not.

sd used to do this before I moved in with my SO, or rather before I started staying over here so much. I was grossed out. I made it clear that the bed was our area not to be invaded by kids.

Im surprised how many men are desperate for the worshiping from sd that they will allow this to happen. They are putting themselves in a horrible position.