You are here

SD11 FORGED MY SIGNATURE!

AmIWicked's picture

SD11 has a "friday folder" brought home every friday with the week's work to be seen by a patent and signed. The skids live with us full time so i routinely will look it over and sign and then give DH an update. SD11 has benn failing multiple subjects with many failed tests and quizes. So last friday came and she said her teacher "forgot" to hand them out, monday SD11 "forgot", tuesday "forgot" then SD16 (who drives her) made her get her folder to bring home Wednesday. So this morning i ask SD11 if DH signed her folder. Her response was classic, "i asked him to", spoken more like a question than a definite "yes". So i asked to look at her folder and she figits and says, "dad signed it already".
I look at the folder and she has FORGED MY SIGNATURE! and very badly i might add, as only a 11 year old girl could do....
I look over the folder and sign NEXT to the forged signature.
Call DH on my way to work.
He writes a message to BM (which i anticipaye drama from). He writes an email to the teacher.
And he calls me back to ask me what the punishment should be... lets see, 1. She failed at least 3 tests last week 2. She forged my signature to hide the failures 3. She lied and said DH signed it.
What punishment covers all of those?

AmIWicked's picture

Thats another thing that makes me wonder "why"....everythingbis available online and both DH AND BM check online regularly. Sending the papers home is just a way to actually see the papers that we can see the grades for online...so he wasn't going to get away with it...eventually her mom or dad was going to see the grades....

Acratopotes's picture

best punishment ever.....

teach her how to do it better and more accurate....with BM's signature... then inform her she can withdraw all the cash in BM's bank account if she masters the signature... make sure you are not recorded and deny it after wards...

get some wine, sit back and watch out when the shit hits the fan!!!!

I simply spanked Deigma when he did this and the school gave him detention for the full term

ESMOD's picture

This is pretty good advice. I would cut off access to TV, phone, computer (unless a parent is sitting there WITH the child while they do their work).

Also, making them do the homework in an area where the parent can oversee the process is good. no radio/ipod while they are working etc...

I would also see if there was a way to work with the school so that you know the assignments and can more specifically go over and review them with her.

AmIWicked's picture

That is funny! We have done sentence writing before and it doesn't work because she will write down...
I
I
I
I
Etc.
But maybe a sentence this long will work. She wont be able to do the one word thing if it is that long.

Peridwen's picture

SD11 used to do that with her spelling sheets in first grade! DH caught her one day and got ticked, so he pulled out a new pack of index cards. He gave her one at a time and she had to write one spelling word in perfect handwriting on each card until the cards were gone. Instead of 10 words 3 times she got to write 10 words 10 times and get approval for each word before moving on. The next week as she pulled out her spelling pack he dropped a brand new pack of index cards next to her. Told her that if he catches her doing it wrong again just so she gets done faster, the index cards will come out again. The whole point of writing each word 3 times was to help memorize the spelling, and you aren't imprinting it in your brain as a full word if you go letter by letter like she'd been doing.

Thumper's picture

Good advise anotherstep and I could not agree more.

Plus what ever is her currency---take it from her. I don't mean you I mean dad HE is the one to punish his child.

one more thing, you should not be parenting or going over homework with your husbands child. I do not mean that in an ugly way because I am sure your intent is pure.

Sorry this happened. YES your not the first one. Come to think of it I recall reading an article with letters and signatures of kids trying to pass themselves off as Mom or dad. It was actually funny in the content it was written in.

**I am not minimizing your situation so please do not take it that way. I for one know full well what it is like to be violated inside your own home** It's awful.

AmIWicked's picture

I am a full time stepmom and work half from home while my husband works two jobs. There is no way i can not help with homework or step in for him while he is gone. Our marriage would suffer, both in our relationship and monetarily if he had to quit a job to be home in the evenings for his kids every weekday.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Make her uncomfortable. If she sits defiantly not doing homework, sing show tunes and dance a jig. The only way to get you to stop is to pick up the book and work.

Put everything on an "as earned" basis. Does she like peanut butter sandwiches? Too bad, nothing but tuna (or whatever) until she's paid the price for it in homework. Do this for every single thing she likes: dessert, snacks, electronics, play dates, play time of any kind, favorite toys, favorite clothing, anything at all she finds desirable has to be earned.

And cause discomfort during defiant sit-ins. If not show tunes, think of some other way of making her sit-in miserable. Bonus if you can make her laugh during your antics.

For a less recalcitrant kid I would bring out the mop and bucket and set her to work in her eventual career as a scullery maid but it doesn't sound like this kid would be compliant. So bring the noise or other misery while she's sitting there with her lip stuck out.

Rags's picture

Since she likes writing your signature make her punishment writing oriented.

5000-10000 sentences in perfect hand writing, perfect spelling, perfect grammar at a pace of 150-200/hr. Any missed quota, poor hand writing, or poor punctuation adds more to the quota.

The sentence should focus on her infraction so it will sink in over the many, many, many hours she will be writing the sentence.

"I will not lie, cheat, or otherwise be dishonest about my school work. Forging my parent's signatures is dishonest and will not be tolerated. If I repeat these behaviors I will spend countless hours writing countless tens of thousands of sentences." X10000.

She writes sentences any time she is either not in school or out with the rest of the family. There is no need to punish everyone else.

My Skid wrote countless thousands of sentences when he was a preteen and in his early teens. He is now 24 and has the most amazing hand writing.

If she is not performing at school and compounded with the lying/dishonesty then she can be doing drudgery when she would normally be enjoying herself.

Try it.... it works.

AmIWicked's picture

I like the superlong sentences. A punishment to fit the crime.

DH told me the teacher responded with a 'so that's why i kept getting excuses' because aparently SD was giving the teacher the run around too.
BM responded with her usual, "thank you for keeping me informed"

Oldmom's picture

Been there. I was fortunate enough to be able to show up at school at the end bell and made sure all homework was written.

I did read somewhere a parent showed up the end of every day dressed as a clown.

There might be a lot of flack for the embarrassment to the kid but it works