You are here

SD10 never listens!

OhGolly's picture

I am so sick of her. She. literally. listens. to. nothing! And lies all the time. I have never met a child who lied so much in my entire life.

I tell her she can walk to her friends house a couple houses down to ask her if she wants to come over and play. I then take my two bios into the backyard to play. I look across the street and THERE SHE IS. On a completely different street than we live on, and not even with the girl she went to get. This happens literally every time she goes out to play. Shes late or she's somewhere she shouldn't be. Today was the first day in nearly two weeks I've let her go out because of this and I was only allowing her to go a couple houses away to get a friend and bring her to our house to play. Then she tried to say that she wasn't where I saw her. Dude, I SAW YOU...you even made eye contact with me.

Last week she brings home a violation from school (it's a disciplinary action slip). I ask her what she did. She says "nothing". I show her the slip. She says she didn't get a slip. It has her name on it. We both star at the slip. She still denies it.

She wasn't bringing graded assignments home from school. I ask her if she's been putting them in her desk or elsewhere. She says no. I want to see her work so I know how she's doing in school. I tell her I'm going to write the teacher a note and ask him about the work. She says okay, swears she's telling the truth and he hasn't given any of it back. The next day the teacher spoke with me when I picked her up. He had a stack of papers over an inch thick that had been in her desk.

She brings home a permission slip for an upcoming field trip. The top reads "2nd copy, please return asap". I ask her why she never brought the first one home. She says she never got one. I told her I was going to call her teacher to see if it was a mistake or if she really had previously received a copy. She says okay. Called the teacher...she was lying.

I fixed her hair for picture day. When I picked her up her hair wasn't how I fixed it. No big deal, I just asked her if it stayed up long enough for pictures. She said yes, it fell down after pictures. I got the pictures...her hair wasn't fixed. It doesn't even matter, it's just the point of lying about it KNOWING I was going to see. Why not just tell the truth?

I'm not even exaggerating, I think if I watched her spill a glass of water and she knew that I saw her, she would say she didn't. I know kids lie, adults lie, everyone lies. I just don't understand why she lies about EVERYTHING.

Anyone else have this issue?

Frustr8d1's picture

OMG, you obviously haven't me MY SD9!!! She will lie, even when she is caught red-handed! I totally know what you mean! We will watch her spill something and she will INSIST that she didn't do it! Holy shit, it's freaking unreal, isn't it?!

Future sociopath for sure.

OhGolly's picture

It makes me want to smack her in the face! I swear sometimes I think I would if it weren't for knowing she would tell BM!

Sociopath...my thoughts exactly.

ACAM2012's picture

Are you raising your SD or mine, lol? My SD9 (lives with me) is the same exact way, especially the outside stuff. And she lies and lies and lies. Same with my SD...I could watch her spill a glass of water and she would still lie and say she didn't do it. She has lied like that before. I will tell her to get off the counter and out of the cupboard and she says, "I'm not on the counter" as she is getting down, knowing I am looking at her. She recently (with the help of BM and BG) created a huge lie that almost destroyed my family and my son's life...the little bitch, I cannot seem to get over my anger at her about this. When she continued to lie about the outside stuff I told her that she could not go outside. That was it. She loves being outside so it was a big deal to her. If I were you I wouldn't allow your SD to go outside for a while. Tell her that since she cannot be honest she will lose her privilege to be outside for a while. And if it wasn't for BM and BG I would slap her face too.

Starla's picture

Its kind of funny watching them lie... I have asked "who are you trying to convince here, you or me?" Then I roll my eyes & walk away. It just lets them know that you are not stupid & that they are making themselves look like a fool with their lies.