You are here

SD Lying about me to get attention from her BM....

Christina Marie's picture

ok so, here why I searched out a forum, I am unsure how to handle my SD. Her Dad and I parent together in everything and neither of us are sure what to do. My Skids BM ignores them, putting them in front of the TV or PC or sending them off with My husbands parents or grandparents when she has them (she only has them 3 days every other week). So as you can imagine they are practically starving for their mothers attention (SD is 9 SS is 11). Now we previously had HUGE issues where the kids were going over and being fed bs that they were repeating at school and at Davids parents house etc which ultimately led to CPS coming to our home, becasue the childrens lies had gotten to a concerned teacher at school..and spread form their to the BM delight, CPS came, said that obviously BM is just starting trouble and the best route is for the kids to be with us as much as possible ( this was a cps phd).

Now thats the background, My husband has custodial custody of the kids after all of her pointless bs, but we had to get counseling for the kids. My SS has moved past it and refuses to take part in their "gossip sessions" and lies..he full out told us everything they were told to lie about us and to us and that he refuses to hurt us anymore because BM tells them too..hes a smart kid and is tired of being hurt. BUT my SD is another story, she will come home with her mothers mean attitude, nasty and uncaring of anyone around her untill she adjusts back..then for example,..last night she was being pissy with her SB..ok kids argue they are 9 and 6...so i called her out and asked her why she is talking to her SB like that and she said because she was mad..so I was gonna have her simply apoligize and be done with it..kids are kids... out of the clear blue while shes talking she rolls off her toungue "you lie and get me into trouble for nothing all the time.." My mouth just dropped..I was like "what"?

Firstly I don't know where this even came from, secondly its of course untrue. She hasn't even been in trouble for lie 4 months untill last night...we asked her why she is saying such things and she said straight out, its the only way Mama listens. I mean, what can I do? I have tried everything. I am a christian woman, I believe and teach respect (yes even for their BM) love and forgivness...but for 2 years now I have been the blunt of lies and gossip to my Stepbabies and My SD whom Ive been working so hard with just uses me like toilet paper.

Secondly, this woman is so bad, my SD has a UTI and yeast and she refused to take her to the doctor, her dad and I took her and that poor little girl needed her Mama..it was so embarassing for her. I did my best to be there for her..but I know I'm not the same. I am just trying to keep stable in this as its really starting to eat at me..it hurts and I really don't know what else to do besides talking to her and continuing to stay positive and forgiving..any thoughts?

~Chrissie

Candyfrogs's picture

You seem to be doing all you can do for SD. I've learned that no matter how 'good' you are to the skids, when momma has evil in her heart it often shows in the children.
We too are flowing through a similar situation. Every time I get pregnant the bipolar ex goes manic in an evil way and unfortunately the kids, mainly SD10 follows suite. She had DCF at our home 3x's in a month for bogus but serious allegations. I am a drunk and drink a twelve pack a beer a day (I never drink in the home and get out with DH maybe once every two months, she is on her 4th DUI,) I lock the skids in their room for hours and don't feed them, and I smack my own kids in the face all the time.
I was sooo upset and then they came for their visit with us. I couldn't look at them. They told DCF these horrible lies, DCF was in my home taking pictures of my 1 yr old and interveiwing my 3 and 8 yr old. These people have the power to take your children. DH just gave them a brief lecture on how it's not nice to lie.... GRRRR! I felt betrayed by the kids and still do (this was in Dec.)I find on days like today when he's going to go pick them up I instantly have an attitude and am just plain grouchy.
I know that their mom is not involved and so any chance the kids can get to feel connected to her they will take. Even if it's sitting around bashing me and DH.

The way the ex is with the kids sounds similar to mine.. Neglectful. You just have to keep communicating with DH and see where his thoughts are at. If they match yours then you'll be able to get through this together. If he doesn't see this as being as 'serious' as you do then I can only speak for myself but it was one more resentful mark on my soul.

I am lucky enough, that me and my hubby roll smoothly on discipline and everything we do with the kids, well everything we do really, lol! Its never an issue, we see eye to eye in this, and we are blessed in that. Oh man Their Bio is so neglectful. I know as well my SD is just trying to get attention she is desperate for , which is why we have been so patient with it. But after 2 year of being the used butt and bashing and lying to get attention from this woman, Its just starting to wear on me. I mean I have taught my SD everything, from taking care of herself as a female to matching her clothes, brushing her hair, etc.I involve with her for everything she wants to learn, which currently is baking. I take 3 hours after school; to teach her (she has alot of trouble at school, whenever they are at their moms she doesn't check their homework or study with them..then they have to play catch up at home, and pray for a passing grade on any test they may have)Our children are our life and we spend every moment with them accept for maybee going out once every 6 months for a dinner just us. This is how we are and we love our life this way. We are completely dedicated parents. But as much leave it to beaver as we are..and as many patients and understanding as I have...I try and do so much for my SD and to be constantly used in lies and bashing for attention just hurts and its just really wearing me down..to the point where I cry about it now. Breaks my heart.

~Chrissie

Loving Wife to my hubby, Mother and friend to our darlings.

amgnc's picture

I'm with you all the way. SD15 has called DSS on us as of last week, she is lying about me, threatened BM with DSS, and just plain lost it. We're not even sure at this point who she is mad at, or what she wants, it's like walking on eggshells. I wish you luck.

bump

Loving Wife to my hubby, Mother and friend to our darlings.