You are here

SD Getting Married

karenemoy's picture

SD getting married in a month. Problem is I HATE her mother. Thinking of not at all. Have already told SD that her mother needs to be on the opposite side of the room during the reception. BM has lied to us over and over and recently tried to get $ of me to pay for SD wedding dress - which I already paid some $ for.

I really dont know how I am going to go through with this.

karenemoy's picture

And her mother has not paid a penny towards the wedding! She had the nerve to go out and spend our money picking out flowers, etc.

I am SO mad - she has so much nerve and then invited a bunch of people to the wedding that we have to pay for!

As for the shower nobody ran the date by me and I could not even go because I had to go take care of my mother. Would have been nice is someone asked me in advance it the date was OK. And I paid for part of it!

ThatGirl's picture

This is going to be hard, but you're going to just have to let it go. She's the Mother of the Bride, and you're going to have to suck it up. Make sure you have an awesome dress, put on a big smile, drink plenty of champagne!

karenemoy's picture

Thanks - we stopped paying - we agreed to a set amount that we pay and not giving a penny more. I know my SD went over budget and was trying to get me to pay the catering bill - no f**king way. I wrote a check out for amount we said we would pay and she will have to deal.

Orange County Ca's picture

A trend is gaining traction in the North Americas where the kids pay for weddings and receptions. The parents money is refused if necessary and put towards something else - car - home whatever.

The point is you OWE the soon-to-be-weds nothing.

You're an adult right? OK then you have control over your body. You can attend this wedding and be nice to everybody. Everybody. There is nothing wrong with avoiding someone as long as it doesn't involve a scene but you act nice.

DO NOT let this woman ruin your day.