You are here

SD during winter break

Cozy's picture

RANT. After I finish my finals this week I have three weeks off before next semester starts (I am a senior in college). Just found out last night that SD5 will be here from DEC 20-25 and then DEC 30-JAN 5! Was really looking forward to a break, but now I'm probably going to pick up some extra shifts at work. Any tips on coping with extended stay skids? /endrant

Cozy's picture

I might go out on New Year's Eve for the first time ever! Unfortunately I don't really have any family or kids of my own to spend time with, so I can't get away from the house for too long. I do have a bestie with a comfy couch, though...girl's night in!

chickadee11's picture

Been there done that! When SD was younger, about 14, she stayed with us for an extended visit and DH was working 2nd shift which was 2PM-10:30PM. I usually got home around 4PM, but could not stand the thought of having to be alone with SD for 7 hours before DH got home. For me it felt like he was having it so easy. Come home and stay up until 3AM while the rest of us were in bed, sleep until 11AM and then have a couple of hours to sit on the computer, take a shower and off to work. Meanwhile I had to deal with "I"m sooooooo bored...can we go to the mall" as soon as I walked through the door. Drove me bananas! I would tell both SD and DH that I had to work later and would just end up driving around for an extra hour or two, going to the bookstore and having a coffee or something.