You are here

SD with an attitude

stepmom101's picture

Now don't get me wrong I love my step kids with all my heart but what happened to me this weekend really pissed me off. Me and DH went and picked them up for the weekend this was our weekend. We are no stranger to the kids looking a mess when we get them but oh this weekend took the cake. My stepson has on a pair of gym shorts with a faded out shirt on and my step daughter she has on this lime green shirt with yellow and white flowers and some hot pink capris and then she has these braids in her hair with extentions that look like they have been in at least three months no exaggration really they were to the point that they had come loose from the scalp and barely hanging on mind you that they were suppose to be braided to the scalp. I had talked with their mother that Wed. and told her that we would be to get them and to pack them some clothes to wear sat. and some clothes for church since the clothes we have for them are packed because we are moving. Guess what she sends them? For my daughter a long sleeve shirt and some long pants a dress and pair of shoes no socks, my son another pair of gym shorts and a shirt. WTF. I'm thinking what is up with this woman how can you send your kids out looking this way? Any way that isn't what this forum is all about. We went to Walmart on Saturday to pick up some things for the house and to get some things for the kids and I ask my stepdaughter how long her hair has been up she says I don't know. So, I say honey did your aunt do them last week when you got out of school because I was going to take them down and do her hair I just did not like the way her hair was looking and do you know what she says: Why you asking so many questions? It wasn't what she said it was how she said it sister had enough attitude in her voice and motion in her neck to get her dad's attention. And I'm thinking who is this little girl talking to like that? Anyway it really pissed me off because I felt as if she was being disrespectful. Before the incident I had mentioned to my husband that I was going to take all of the kids out to eat after church but after that comment I was like hell no. So, I just took them home straight after church and told my husband that until he sits them down and explain to them that their is a certain way you talk to an adult that they could not come to visit. Am I wrong for that? Am I not due the same respect from his children that my child gives him? Somebody please give me some feedback?

eviecat's picture

Sometimes kids take your frustration with BM personally as if your are upset with them. I probably would have just answered "Because I care" and moved on. However, if the attitude continued I would have it addressed. If its not addressed right away when they are younger you will have one heck of a time when she is a teenager. How old is your SD? If she is a Tween, just get prepared there is definately more attitude to come...SD or BD it won't matter.

stepmom101's picture

My stepdaughter is 7 she will be 8 in November. I never let her see any tention that is between her mother and I. She has always had a sort of sassy attitude since I have been with her father. I have a 5 year old daughter that I don't want her sassy rubbing off on. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person but, the attitude she has at her mother's can't come with her to her every other weekend visits with her father and I. Does that make any sense?