You are here

SD 23 years old still sits on daddys lap

lynn22's picture

My SD is down for a visit. The first things she did when we were sitting around relaxing was to sit on her daddys lap. She's 23 and personally I found it disturbing. My Fiance answered with she is my daughter. ?, We were invited to a get together on the weekend and he invited her to come along. I mentioned he should go alone with her since he invited her to spend time with him. (two is company three is a crowd). I would spend the time with my 2 teenage daughters instead. I find my SD to be a princess and she has him wrapped around her finger. I really don't feel like going to this event anymore. I don't know how to handle their to close for comfort relationship either. I was not raised the same. I had to work for what I wanted, no handouts from my dad.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

:jawdrop:

Ew. Someone needs a boyfriend. That is all.

memyselfandi's picture

Can you imagine how weird her boyfriend would think it was if HE saw her sitting on her Daddy's lap? That's just plain messed up.

zerostepdrama's picture

My skids do/did this too. Teens/young adults. They also hold his hand while out in public.

I told my DH it's freakin weird and to stop it. He said they are my kids. I said think about my BS (who is 8 now) being 17 and sitting on my lap and holding my hand......

memyselfandi's picture

Sounds to me like someone is in denial regarding their children growing up. If he lives to be that old..what's he gonna do when they're retirement age?? I'm sorry to say but THAT'S almost comical them sitting on his lap then..

My dad is 85 and I love him like no tomorrow. I can't even fathom sitting on his lap anymore much less walking into a store holding his hand...

Good Lord!!

Drac0's picture

Ooh! Do what Redwings did. Take one (or several) pics of them when she sits on his lap. Then show it to him. I think in Redwings case, her husband realized how disturbing it can look.

I've been keeping my cell on my person for this express purpose. My DW doesn't see the look on Oedipus Rex's face when he hugs her, cuddles her and yes...sits on her lap...It's revolting I tell you but my wife doesn't see it from my POV. I am hoping a few candid cell pics will get her to see what I see.

just.his.wife's picture

My DD just did this to her dad (my XH). She plopped into his lap.

He promptly stood up and dropped her on her ass on the floor and told her to get off him.

The difference? She did it to prove a point... and knew that would be his response. She hasn't honestly tried to 'cuddle' in his lap since about age 5.

The point she was trying to prove is to SD19, who had gotten butt hurt when DH did pretty much the same thing to her a few days earlier. My DD was showing SD that it's a NORMAL dad reaction, they don't (and SHOULDN'T) want any female, related by blood, sitting in their lap, or having 'delicate lady parts that carry ANY part of their DNA within a three foot radius of their manly parts".

marriageplus2's picture

Yes! you said that so well. It is just gross....not right to have your child so close as sitting on laps. My 21yr old SD and DH think nothing of him taking her on a motorcycle ride. she spreads her legs, her crotch is just inches away from daddy and the inside of her thighs rest against the outside of his hips......makes me sick!

Orange County Ca's picture

No no no no no. I hope the picture taking works. If not ask him if he thinks its just fine why don't they do it while at someone else home, in the park on the bench etc?

Just J's picture

Ew! My SD is 20 and if she ever tried to sit on my DH's lap I think we'd both freak out. Soooo inappropriate! Our DD10 won't even sit on his lap at this point. I just can't imagine a 23 year old doing this! Gross!

Don't go to the event. Sounds like SD will do her best to make you feel like a 3rd wheel. Sounds like a better plan to spend the time with your kids.

Drac0's picture

Arrrrgh! Do you mind beaccountable!?!? I'M TRYING TO EAT HERE!!!

Damn it! Would you look at this mess.....

lynn22's picture

Yes, I think I will end up being hurt if I go. So I will tell him that I will spend the time with my girls.

misSTEP's picture

Would he allow that in front of his own mother and father? If not, he knows on some level this is not appropriate.

I cannot stand these "parents" who think that because they are their children, they don't have to teach proper boundaries!

Amber Miller's picture

Please tell me that this is all a joke

Do any of you remember that TV show called "The Man Show"?
I think it was at the end of the show and they would show girls jumping up and down on trampolines
This is the first thing that came to mind :O

Amber Miller's picture

Beaccountable--yeah, that was a funny show. I'm glad you remembered it and said something. I'm laughing just thinking about it. Then they would say something like "jiggy juggie" or something weird like that and drink their beers. I wish I could remember. You're right, no one could make this up.

Drac0's picture

Yes yes!

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Our spouses don't see that smitten "I'm so into you!" look on their kid's faces! Gotta get that pic!

IslandGal's picture

Same here - and if she had to sleep in her own bed (aged 12), she would cry..first time I slept over at his place it freaked me the fuck out. We were in bed..it was after 11pm and she started crying..he leapt up out of bed as if he'd been shot up the ass..and raced into her room to cuddle her..came back to bed about 2 hours later..fuck I was steaming.

Thanks to this site, and therapy, my SO saw the light and stopped coddling and making her his mini-wife. She threw a MONSTER tantrum Valentines Day 2013, and that was the last straw. He saw clearly that she viewed him as HERS..and that really shocked him.

She has refused to visit us for almost a year now, because he won't beg her forgiveness for "leaving her" to be with me. That, you understand, is completely all in her own mind. She has a brother a year younger, who loves his dad unconditionally. That means he accepts that his dad is in a relationship and is happy after being lonely for 6 years. SS continues to visit, has a great relationship with all of us and we just adore and love having him over.

SD, on the other hand? Nope. She can stay with BM until the moon shines purple - or until she apologises sincerely and shows remorse for her horrible manipulative past actions. Don't want her toxic poison anywhere around us.

Pinetree's picture

HHH My step daughters did the same until they 23 and when their mom draw him to court they witnessed against him and he was not guilty..Simply my husband was broke and he lost his money and their is no money milking cow anymore

Amber Miller's picture

I asked my husband what he thought while he was brushing his teeth. He immediately spit out his toothpaste (it wasn't time to spit, it was a reaction of disgust) and said "awwwww" while making a face (his yuck face--like he smelled something bad)
oh yeah, he has his own little princess and he thought it was disgusting and inappropriate
I guess he doesn't like the thought of his 30yo princess on his lap

Rose.Colored.Glasses's picture

That is disturbing...So what age, in everyone's opinion, does it become inappropriate? My SD is still very young but she's tall for her age and I think to ppl who don't know that, it is prob starting to look gross to them. Most of the time, I can't even sit next to him w/o her squeezing in between us. Every once in awhile, he does make her go sit by herself but geesh is she clingy...

Drac0's picture

What about leaning into and cuddling? What do you think is the apprpriate cut-off age for that? My SS is 14 and he still does that. Sometimes I think he will never be content unless he can crawl his way back "in utero".

IslandGal's picture

Damn, DracO - he sounds like a needy weak sap! I have a 15 year old who'd rather walk over burning hot stones than lean into or cuddle up to me.

I can get away with asking him for a hug every now and again..but that's it.

luchay's picture

SSstb11 (and BIG for his age) still sits in daddy's lap. SDstb14 is a very large girl and tries to as well.

We have also had SD telling me (when we first moved in together so she was almost 12 at the time) that she loves it when I go out early on Saturday morning because she gets into bed with DAddddyyyyy and takes my place.... (BTW Daddddyyyyyy sleeps starkers and we do USE the bed for other than sleep most nights - so his pwecious pwincess is snuggling with a naked man on VERY recently used sheets...) and my OH still saw nothing wrong with it and *I* was the sick one for being disgusted by that.

Then there is the sunscreen incident - last summer when she was 13. As I said - BIG girl - taller than me, and wider.... She's definitely developed. "daddddyyyyy can you do the sunscreen on the back of my legs?" Which he did, only SD tends to wear her swimmers fully up in her butt crack, so her cheeks are entirely showing, and OH not only does the backs of her legs, but right up the backs of her thighs AND the butt cheeks!!! OK on a 4 yo, SOOOOOOO not ok on this young lady. His response? "She's MY DAUGHTER! SHE'S JUST A KID!!!" NO OH, NO she is not a kid anymore that's kinda the point.

Do the photo thing. Show him how wrong it looks. And if he uses the "she's my daughter" line - yes, she is your ADULT daughter, she is NOT a child and it's inappropriate.

SugarSpice's picture

boyfriend may not help. i have a sd who is married and while her husband is in the army overseas, guess who she comes making eyes at?

ctnmom's picture

Lynn, if I were you, I'd cheerfully ask DH if he had a boner while her grown up cheeks were landing in his nether regions. }:)

wth was I thinking's picture

I would never have been comfortable doing that kind of thing with my dad. Yikes.

OSD will come up behind DH is he is sitting at the table and drape her arms around his chest/shoulders and put her face against his neck, and just hang there. Usually looking me dead in the eye while she does it. It's creepy. Thankfully she doesn't do the lap thing, but she gets as cuddly and weird as possible in any other way. Thankfully YSD isn't at all like that.

standmyground's picture

I wouldn't have done that to my dad past six years old. Boundary issues they have, and daddys's girl creepy eroticissm. Yuk . I've put up with worse from my almost step daughter. She wears g strings /string thongs in front of dad at 16.