You are here

SD 16 is a mess

Smomof3's picture

SD who just turned 16 is a mess. She OD'd on benedryl to get high and then claimed it was a suicide attempt to get out of being in trouble. She's been in therapy, and her BM has lied to us about the diagnosis. A kid with social anxiety is not the lead in the school play. We found out that she has generalized anxiety and her medication is cut down to nothing more than a placebo effect. She is however being given a strong setative at night?

BM lies so much and is such a F-up and SD is following in her foot steps. She can live with us any time, but doesn't want to follow rules. We finally told her if you want to live at BMs and be with your friends, this is the life you'll live.

This weekend we had a family outing for SD and SS's birthdays as they are close together. We went bowling with extended family, paid for pizza, soda, everyone's bowling...it was fun. Each child received gifts etc. I overheard SD telling a friend on the phone that we did nothing for her birthday and didn't really get her much of a gift. I spend over $100 on bullshit that she asked for and about $200 on the party. This kid paints the most negative picture. She doesn't really outright lie, she just puts a negative spin on everything in an effort to get attention.

I'm so fed up and don't trust her as far as I can throw her.

kathc's picture

Next year she gets a tiny little token gift (maybe a Miss Manners book?) and a little cake from the grocery store at home after dinner (with no additional invitees, just whoever is there normally) Let her see how it is to really have "not much done" and get "not much of a gift".

Smomof3's picture

Great idea. I felt bad for her and it bit me in the butt again. her dad didn't want to get her anything and I told him it would feed her victimization flame...shoulda just listened to him.