You are here

Score with child support payments!

talia11's picture

Back story is BM has not had anything to do with SS15 for about 3-4 years (he lives with us F/T), she quit a job a few years back to avoid paying CS so we had to go through a Change of Assessment (we are in Australia) - after much stress and fighting the child support agency finally set her income at $54k a year ($550 a month CS), well that change of assessment period ended last month and because the lazy cow hadn't put in her tax return we had to do another change of assessment, well the child support agency have now set her income at $70k so she has to pay us $700 a month!! I bet the bitch is spewing right now and first thing tomorrow will be on the phone to the agency to get them to change it, but it is nice to know sometimes they work in favour of the dads!!

Natalia Ely's picture

Child support works in favor of the children via the custodial parent. Funny thing, some guys feel guilty about receiving child support. I knew one who gave the money directly to the child (under ten!). When his mother found out about father's poor choices and that the child had the money, she asked the child to give it to her. And the child did! This went on for years before father found out. Unreal. That money was supposed to be for the child's benefit. If father's male pride prevented him from taking it, father should have used put the money into a joint account for the boy's education.

talia11's picture

Actually Natalia, unfortunatley her in Australia it is the opposite - the Child Support Agency always usually favours the mother - irrespective of wether they have care or not. My husband has had an awful time with them over the years always taking the side of the BM's, even when he did the right thing all the time... has been quite a rough road so nice to get some things go our way!

Lemin's picture

I feel like it is the same here in Canada - bad for BD. We have the children, literally half the time and are paying full child support... which is a bit load since we are also paying paying for clothes in our home (BM doesn't send anything extra). For extracurricular BM expects us to pay half for only the things she wants to put kids in... but the things we feel are beneficial (swimming, etc) she doesn't have enough money for...but she had enough money for her recent boob job and tummy tuck... go figure!

Natalia Ely's picture

If parents want to abuse the system, they will. For example, the NC father who dumps the kids in front of the TV with the stepmother (or alone) while he catchs up on his sleep. The time with stepmother/girlfriend/mother turns into his legal reason to reduce his child support! The custodial mother who uses child support on adult toys/status symbols, while her child goes without, exists and is beyond contempt. Both are stealing from their children and more than money. They are stealing their child's father or mother; the children come to know it later. They are sowing the wind in the preadolescents and somebody is going to reap the whirlwind later.

But as to legal proceedings, at least in my state, almost always the custodial parent, male or female, is favored by the formula that calculates amounts. This is not to say that the best liar doesn't sometimes win instead of the best man or woman.