You are here

This says it all....

Redsonya's picture

The absolute entitlement and narcissism that I've dealt with for the past 4 years was just epitomized by BM and SD19. As a quick note - I was able to get some of ex-DH's ashes from them after I found some things to "trade" them- some photos, books and other stuff that I would have given them anyway, but anything else I come across I will keep or will give to his brother now. Ex-DH HATED BM and SD19 hadn't been in his life for 2 years (her choice - because he wouldn't leave me). The fact that I have to do this to get ashes blows me away - AND they tried to get me to pay for the cremation, but SD19 would keep the ashes - seriously. I never have to see any of them again - and that is TRUE freedom!

Ex-DH had an acquintence who lives in BM's town (an hour away). He is truly just a kind person and came to ex-DH's memorial. He agreed to come back and spent an entire day packing up super heavy tools and boxes that belonged to ex-DH and drive them up to SD19. although SD19 was told by me when he was on his way, her BF's prescription drug addict dad didn't answer his phone, so this poor guy circled around trying to get in touch with someone for about 3 hours. At 9 pm, I got a hold of SD19 and she demanded that he go back to the house right then. I told her he was now home and would be back at 11 am to drop off the trailer. She said okay. The trailer was dropped off at 11 am. No thank you for Henry at all - just complaints from SD19 that 1) he didn't call when he dropped off the trailer at 11 am (no one asked him to), 2) she didn't like how we packed the trailer, and 3) we didn't included every single thing she thought ex-DH owned (the trailer was overflowing).

Ex-DH's friend then came back down yesterday to pick up more boxes, including the photos, drive them to BM for me and exchange them for ex-DH's ashes. Again - out of the goodness of his heart. He chose not to pass his phone number onto SD19 and I told them if they didn't like that, BM could drive an hour to my town and I would have someone meet her at any time. Of course, that lazy, broke hag didn't take me up on that offer. Instead she chose to let Ex-DH's friend do it and then berated him for not delivering the trailer to her liking. No thank you for anything that this man did just to be nice and help out a friend. I have NEVER met people like this in my life - they will take advantage of anyone in their mind "dumb" enough to offer help, and then act like they were owed it. They have zero pride and so ask for money from people they hate (me). Thank god they are out of my life. My only question is who they are going to blame for their miserable lives now that ex-DH is dead and I am gone?

Redsonya's picture

Tell me about it - I would be so embarrassed to act like that. And if they weren't happy with how things were delivered the first time, feel free to come get the rest of it yourselves, right? They are completely cut off at this point. I am sure I have a ton more things that belonged to ex-DH. Once I get around to going through boxes, I'll keep them or give them to his brother. I made a promise to myself to never answer calls, read emails, or entertain these nuts in any way.

Redsonya's picture

I thought of that and frankly, I don't really care. I was considering taking some fireplace ashes and letting DD5 spread them to give her some closure. I did look at them and I've seem cremation ashes before - it looks like them.