You are here

Sanity Survey

forever2's picture

Wondering from the group....
1) Which of these things have you tried/done as a direct result of being in a step situation?

A. psychiatrist/therapy
B. antidepressants/antianxiety drugs
C. alcohol, lot and lots of it
D. an affair
E. suicide
F. divorce/breakup

And...
2) Which of these helped??

For me, I tried A, B, and C. I would say that A. helped minimally and temporarily, just to make me feel better but not to really change anything. C. helped for a few hours and then made things worse for a net gain of zero.

Sweetnothings's picture

C.......keeping StepMoms sane since the Skids said, no, grunted hello at us!!!

Wanted A, for SD and yes for DH and I, but outnumbered, so never happened.....

oilandwater's picture

You get a grunt? I get nothing, zero, nada! I'm so jealous. Not really. LOL!

schooltch6's picture

C and G - Family Therapy...best thing ever.... but still alot of C ha!!

mama_althea's picture

The situation aggravated existing anxiety/depression, so more of A & B. Very nearly and seriously F one time, now only in the back of my mind. Counseling helps, if only to organize my thoughts and help make plans/goals. I'm very near splitting up, which would of course elimiiate the situation, but I'm not sure I really want that. And occasionally alcohol makes me happy for a couple hours.

godess-clueless's picture

hubby and I moved to a different state. His children had not made the 20 min. drive when we lived in the same area, so not likely to put in the effort of several hours drive. They do have our address and his cell phone number. IT DID HELP OUR SITUATION BUT I SOMETIMES LAUGH TO MYSELF WHEN I THINK OF HOW MUCH FUN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HAD WE LEFT NO FORWARDING ADDRESS TO ANY OF THEM!!!!

rather5619's picture

I want to move out of state and leave no forwarding address. LOL! You must be in heaven! Smile

hismineandours's picture

A.-but for ss
C.-for me eowe

A. the drugs he is on (no antidepressants-instead we have something to control adhd and something for his anger)help somewhat. He has never gone to therapy consistently enough for it to have any impact
C. this also helps somewhat-it helps to dull the agony of spending a weekend with him

roseslady2's picture

A, C and ... kind of D. DH and I did some swinging for a while to relieve some stress. The therapy helped the most. Alcohol is a pretty good temporary treatment, but in the long run creates more issues with energy expediture. The swinging was good until DH and I realized that we were having way more fun when it was just the two of us.