You are here

SAHM stepmom rant

young_stepmomma25's picture

I really thought this would be a relaxing day since skids go to school during the week but there's one that's "sick" and I have to babysit him while he's home being "sick". So, SS13 was reportedly sick in school and the school felt he was too sick to go today and they wanted a note directly from the doctor stating whether or not he's well enough to go back to school. Here's the thing...he never got the letter because my DH never got he chance to take him to the doctor because he had to go to work (in which he cannot take 1 measly sick day from) and couldn't go get the note. So now he's home (feeling a lot better) with me while, again, DH is at work and I'm feeling a bit angry because I wanted some alone time before I get a headache in a couple of hours from his younger siblings when they come in from school. *sigh* I wanna get out this situation but my feelings for DH are holding me back...does anybody think for once maybe I may have something to do today where I might need to go out??

Step-Volgirl's picture

If YOU want SS in school and he can't go back without a Dr's note...why don't YOU take him to the Dr?

The ends justify the means, right?

Anne Boleyn's picture

Why can't you leave the house? 13 is old enough to stay alone if he's well. Personally, I would've taken him to the doctor. I sort of thought that's why people did the SAHM thing.

SMof2Girls's picture

I think the responsibility for taking sick kids to the doctor falls to the SAHM .. assuming that was why you and DH agreed you'd be staying at home and not working.