You are here

Ridiculous CO clauses

Toastergirl's picture

Since I was bemoaning DH's crazy JCP, I decided to flip through it and find the craziest and most random clause that it contains. It is as followed:

"Neither party shall allow the child to be outside or an any public place where animals are present and are free to interact or have contact with the child without adult supervision."

No idea where this comes from. Neither did DH, according to him hex just threw everything and anything she could think of under there. We do live out in the country, so hey, maybe she was terrified a goat would bite SD's off arm, who knows.

maybe I could use this as an excuse as to why SD can never have a puppy? We won't be able to watch her all the time and supervise! Or perhaps only outside, since indoors is never mentioned?

What are the craziest clauses yall have in your CO's, or that you have heard of?

I had never heard of a 'The child cannot refer to anyone except the mother as 'mom'" until I came to this site.

WTF...REALLY's picture

But if the animals has wine but the stepmother does not, then can the said animal be around said child? The wine came from church. And it is a kosher animal.

Anon2009's picture

I admit I agree with the last one. Why? Because a lot of bms let/make the skids call sf dad when bio dad is in/trying to be in the picture. So for people like that, that certain clause is necessary.

hereiam's picture

A lot of control issues going on with that BM.

Does she really think your DH is that incapable of taking care of his child that she needs all of this in the CO?

Thank God there was nothing ridiculous in my DH's divorce decree. And thank God we are done with that, anyway, as my SD is 23.

I am actually kind of surprised that BM over here didn't think to put stupid crap in there just as a form of control and manipulation. She probably thought she didn't need to, that she could control of him, regardless.

Calypso1977's picture

we have one that says something to the effect that on visitations "father will provide the child dinner". SEriously? Like he wouldnt feed his own kid?

hereiam's picture

So just dinner, then? Geez, how incredibly stupid.

At least he's off the hook for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. What about beverages? Does dinner have to include something to drink or is that up to him?