You are here

The Repercussions following DH's confrontation with SIL

Disillusioned's picture

Further to my last post, about DH finally telling SIL directly to "partk it" with all the BM nonsense (using BM to alienate us, rubbing BM in our faces all the while ignoring/treating us like second-class crap etc.. etc..) I wondered if there woiuld be repercusions and sure enough, there surely were Sad

So the next day DH & I phone to wish little SGD Happy Birthday on OSD's phone. OSD does not answer so we leave a message

DH follows up later via text to ask OSD if SGD received the message

OSD doesn't answer, so DH sends another text. OSD responds to this one telling him (amoung curse words) that yes she did get the message and to "stop yelling at her via text and in her home" and then types "this is your LAST FU@#ING WARNING" except there was no bleeping out the foul language, it was fully said

DH texted her back that he was talking to SIL not her, and then asked what the "warning" was

No answer

DH is livid and plans not to be at any more get together's, and he has bascially taken up to repeating that his family(daughter) is stupid and his sister is an asshole

I feel for him, and truly just don't get how these people feel no guilt, no remorse, no embarrassment, for their behaviour!

Notup4it's picture

I was waiting to see what the consequence would be..... and I’m sure the wrath is far from over as well.

i would still go if I was your DH (if there is other family he wants to see at these get together a)..... don’t let the witch win.

Disillusioned's picture

Yes agreed, I'm sure this is just the beginning of a whole can of worns now unfortunately Sad

Booboobear's picture

sorry that your DH has to put up with that treatment from those who are supposed to love him.  and this after your FIL and all that.  ((((Hugs)))))

Exjuliemccoy's picture

This has been a long time coming, and I knew once your FIL passed, time was short. For some reason, his existence kept the harpies in check...barely. It was much the same in my DH's family as well.

Your DH lost his daughter a long time ago. Everything else has merely been pretense. His sister and daughter have long been accustomed to being in charge, and they won't accept your DH asserting himself now.

You can expect the poisonous venom to flow unchecked now.

Disillusioned's picture

Yes I think you have this exactly right Exjulie, I will be interesting to see what happens next but yes I'm expecting it to get even more out of control Sad

sammigirl's picture

Oh the games people play! 

I no longer react or play the games.  I wish my SGkids. HAPPY BIRTHDAY through cards.  We don't play the games.  I will always make the effort and ignore the confrontation.  When you do this, you win, they are the problem, not you. 

For years BM (Grandma to stgkids)  always played these games.  We completely ignore it to this day.  Now our Grandkids come to our home and visit and we enjoy them without the toxic parents and BM (their other Grandmother). 

It will change, if you don't do the chase.