You are here

Registered sex offender boyfriend

Mommajay's picture

I posted awhile back that I needed a break from my stepson 12. I'm with him 24/7 and we don't get along to put it nicely. His mom lost custody two years ago for drugs and we got him full time instantly after having him every other weekend for 9 years. My husband finally agreed to take a 3 night trip to the beach with just me and our girls while my stepson made up time with his mother in July. He hasn't seen his mom since March due to pandemic. Yesterday, we found out that her boyfriend, who she met bc he volunteered at the supervised visitation center, is a registered sex offender!!!! She introduced him to her three kids on her second over night visit a few months ago and he's there and sleeps over every over night visits. On Mother's Day, my husband offered to take the kid to see her but wanted her reassurance that she wouldn't have visitors during the pandemic. She called the cops on my husband for harassment! Instead of taking her child, she had this boyfriend there instead. This guy was a teacher and had sex with his early teen student. Did time in state prison. So now that the two baby daddy's know, we turned it over to the lawyer to see how to proceed. She didn't think this was a problem and would never tell my husband this guys last name. Now we know why. I hate this woman so much. She just does not want to take care of her kids And instead forces me to. I'm pretty sure my vacation is cancelled now. Of course, my stepson defends his mother and doesn't get upset with her or even stick up for himself or his father about what happened on Mother's Day. This woman just wants her kids to adore her and not take care of them and that's exactly what she has. He adores her but hates me even though I actually take care of his needs. Mothers all over the world try to keep their kids away from sex offenders and this lady is inviting them in bed with her children. I just can't understand. 

advice.only2's picture

The almighty mother trumps any and all bad behavior. We suffered the same issues with Spawn. Meth Mouth would get arrested and it would be our fault, Meth Mouth would lose visitation it would be our fault. It's best to start having your SO be the person doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to his kid. This helps take the burden off of you, and makes SO step up and address any issues he has with his kid and parenting.

Mommajay's picture

Meth mouth lol yes everything is my husbands fault or someone else's. Never mom. I stopped listening to it. I ask him to explain how it's someone else's fault and he can't. 

notarelative's picture

Has your anyone called child protection services (or whatever it is called there) and informed them that BM is having a sex offender in the house with her chidren? That would put her back on supervised visits here. 

Mommajay's picture

That's a great idea. Two lawyers were advised of this sex offender being around the kids and didn't mention this was something worth doing. My husband was told that he ended parole in 2017 and there are no restrictions about him being around children. He even volunteers at the visitation center around children! They said that was okay. I just can't believe it. We may have no choice but to let her bring this guy around the kids. He is level 2. 

JRI's picture

If your DH hasn't done so already, this is the time to have the talk with your stepson about inappropriate touching.

Mommajay's picture

He immediately talked to him privately about this. My stepson lies about everything in order to protect his mother so my husband is worried sick.

Rags's picture

If this perve is on the child sexual preditor list and BM knows, she is willfully exposing her kids to that risk.

I am surprised that an attorney did not climb all over this when you asked for advice on dealing with it.

I would have daddy take the kids and support him in purging BM and her perve BF from their lives.

Mommajay's picture

We have full custody of the child. Her other baby daddy has his kids go to her more frequently than my stepson. The other guy is trying to divorce her too. He was just about to sign paper work to lift restrictions on her like drug test and ability to drive with kids in car until he found this out. The lawyers haven't gotten back to us yet in how to proceed. We don't plan on having to send him there until the quarantine is lifted. He's 12 so I told my husband he needs to tell his mother he doesn't want to be around this man. Maybe she will listen to him.