You are here

Receipt?

Aerora's picture

BM gave us a copy of two checks written out to a person for SS6's swimming lessons. This is her "receipt" for the swimming lessons. My problem with it is they're written out to a person, not a business. How do we know if they were actually for swimming lessons? And she claims it was $60 a week. Doesn't that seem a bit high for swimming lessons?

Do you think these checks would hold up in court as a receipt? Or should we demand an actual receipt?

FYI in the past BM has given us hand written receipts in her own handwriting for SS6's daycare. The receipts were signed by BM's 17 yo daughter who was living with her at the time. She was trying to get us to pay for her daughter watching SS6! She freaked out when we refused to pay for that BS.

MamaBecky's picture

Yes I would ask for a real receipt. Any reputable business/school would be able to provide a receipt or statement of services provided and the appropriate fees.

Aerora's picture

The checks aren't written out to a business or a school. They're written out to a person. So if we ask for a receipt we'll get another hand written receipt I'm sure.

Aerora's picture

17 yo was living with BM at the time. How are we to know that she's getting paid at all to babysit? Just take BM's word for it when she's been ridiculously dishonest in the past?

There's more to it than that also. 17 yo was watching SS6 while BM went to school in the evening. DH has first right of refusal and the offer to watch his son during those times was never given to him.

poisonivy's picture

First, did BM speak to DH about swim lessons for skid, andif so did they cometo an agreement? Do you guys pay half of all recreation, give us a little background. And, no, a handwritten receipt or a check receipt would not be enough for us. BM tried that with us and the judge actually accused her of trying to get over on him. The actual price of the lessons would depend on a lot of factors, time of year, type of lessons (how many per week, basic, intermediate), and the area in which they live. I think the biggest question here, is whether or not she should be clearing these things with DH since she expects him to pay.

Aerora's picture

She should be clearing these things with DH but never does. Tells us after the fact. It's in the decree that DH is to pay half of recreations, school sports, etc. but it's also in the decree that each parent needs to talk to the other about it before they sign them up.

I'm happy to hear that your judge was having nothing to do with that bull crap.

Aerora's picture

We honeslty did not even know he had swimming lessons until last night when she handed us the copy of the checks. SS hasn't said a word about it and neither did BM. I seriously doubt the instructor has DH's contact info.

Looks like it's back to the good old email fights.

Aerora's picture

Finey, thank you for the advice! I'll definitely talk to my DH about this. We fully expect to go back to court with her hopefully sometime soon. Just waiting for her to flat out deny DH his parent-time. Unfortunately for everyone I'm sure this will happen.