You are here

Really.... you couldn't help him with his homework??

DISbelief's picture

Ok... SS and BD6 are both in the first grade. They are in different classes at the same school. SS's teacher is far more strict than BD's. The kids call her "the Drill Sargeant". They both get their homework packets on Friday, that are due the following Thursday. BD's is usually about8 pages long, where SS's is about 10-12 pages. They normally start working on them on Sunday evening and do a few pages a night to complete it by Thursday to turn in. This has been the case for 2 years now. All parents involved are very used to the process and it is something we just kind of fell in to.

BM has a habit of having SS complete the pages at her house, that he does not need help with. Like counting and coloring. Leaving the pages that he HATES to do, for us to help him with. Which is fine, since she doesn't like to have him hold his pencil correctly anyways. They just started using their spelling words in sentences that they have to write themselves last week. Of course she probably doesn't know that since she always leaves the spelling word pages for him to do with me. It is very time consuming to have a 6 year old alphabatize and write words 3 times each, and then write a complete sentence using each word. And I have TWO 6 years olds to complete this with. Fun. Fun.

So, this past weekend SS got really sick on Sunday. He must have thrown up 50 times that day. No kidding. He was super sick. He woke up Monday feeling better, but we kept him home anyways. When I dropped him to his mom, I told her... he didn't do any of his homework packet he was too sick. He was to be with her until Wednesday afterschool... the day BEFORE his homework packet is due. In the mean time BM has sent me pics on my cell of SS outside playing in the freezing cold weather without so much as long sleeves on... when he was home sick from school. Yeah, he felt better... but he had homework to do, and much needed rest to catch up on, no to mention at least put a coat on the kid.

Kids came home last night. Do you know that he had ONE, that's right ONE page of homework done. So he did nothing but play all day monday, and did ONE page of homework on tuesday... left to do ALL of it with me on Wednesday. THANKS MOM. It took him over an hour to do his homework last night. It let me tell you, it is NOT easy to get a 6 year old boy to sit still and do HOMEWORK for that long a period of time. They are supposed to do 20 minutes a night, because that is how long their attention span lasts. OVER AN HOUR we sat there and worked on homework. I could have killed her. She is so irresponsible. UGH.

NoEvilShallEnter's picture

OH MY!!! Did I write that post ????! The EXACT same thing is happening to us! Except she most of the time just doesnt do any period the end! Very similar though when she does she does all the easy bits - ie one page.

She is a NIGHTMARE. Do you get the constant badgering with your husband also?

Sms's calls etc she is evil I swear she is evil.

DISbelief's picture

Not so much anymore... she used to call and text several times a day. It stopped when she finally
realized I was ALWAYS going to answer his phone, and it was ME replying to her ridiculous text messages. Wink

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ Wink