You are here

Random Musings - Lack of Blended Family Drama - I feel like a crack addict cut off from supply.

Rags's picture

I recently realized that I have had very little to vent about or comment on regarding my own Blended Family situation. My wife and I are doing great. We will celebrate our 20th in the summer and my bride is busy planning our vow renewal. Since we eloped none of her core family attended and I wanted her to have a nice wedding so that my FIL could walk her down the aisle. His health is poor and I am concerned he won't make it to our 25th so I suggested to my bride that we renew our vows at 20. He did not get to walk either of his daughters down the aisle as they both eloped. She has purchased an amazing dress. Or at least so I hear as she won't show it to me. She has contracted for a venue which is some amazing vineyard/winery in her home town. She is finishing up the flower and catering stuff and apparently all that remains is shoes. She has found a pair she loves but apparently somebody with a name something like James Chew makes shoes that are spendy and she is not ready to pull the trigger on that purchase. I told her to buy the damned Chew shoes already. Actually I do know that they are Jimmy Choo's but I have to give my wife crap about something just to keep her on her toes. Hence the Chew shoes harassment.

My bride is my sexy, wickedly smart soul mate and we have a great time living our life adventure together. I can't wait to get home from work at the end of the day to see her. Since we moved internationally and she put her CPA career on the back burner she has become the work out queen and is regaining the figure she had when we married when she was 18. Too bad my figure is far from my college athlete days. My spare tire has stabilized and is not getting any bigger and in fact I have lost 15lbs in the last 3 mos. But I will have to get off of my ass and start getting in shape if I want to keep up with my hottie bride.

The kid (Skid - SS-21) is doing well. He was recently promoted to Sr. Airman and has completed year 3 of his 6 year USAF enlistment. The only frustration with him is that he is dawdling in finishing his BS. But, my mom cursed us to have a kid just like me and I did not graduate with my undergrad until I was 30 so I guess mom's curse is proving to be accurate.

The Sperm Clan is far, far in the rear view mirror for our entire family. They raise their toxic heads occasionally with my SS but he is viable and confident enough as an adult to deal with them effectively though is mom and I remain poised to step in for a Sperm Clan ass wuppin if necessary.

My family are all doing well. Mom and dad are enjoying retirement and my baby bro and his family are all thriving. He was just promoted to VP and I am extremely proud of him. Two more promotions and I may just catch up with him but by then he will likely be CEO.

About the only drama we deal with is my ILs. They are all battling with repeated bankruptcy, home foreclosures, vehicle repossessions and illnesses. All but the illnesses are their own damned faults and I do get tired of the heartbreak their poor decisions cause my wife.

Work is going well. Promotions, raises and bonuses are coming nicely and regularly and we are only a few months from being debt free except for our mortgage. That should be retired in about 5 years if we keep the same debt reduction and investment strategy we initiated 30mos ago.

Have I mentioned that I am bored? No Sperm Clan drama, no career crisis, etc... I am not bored with any one area of my life and I am blissfully happy as my DW appears to also be. But I am just generally bored. Maybe I need to take up sky diving or street racing or something?

I just turned 50 which I would swear did not bother me a bit. Maybe this is what a mid life crisis feels like.

Azure's picture

Awww Rags! Have fun at your ceremony! I think it's sweet you refer to your wife as your bride and I think you are a very blessed man!!

sbm014's picture

This is such a sweet post. It sounds like your wife is very lucky to have you and as other above said I'm sure she loves being called your bride.

I hope one day DH and I get to that point, where we can step back without drama however I don't see BM ever letting that completely happen...or anyone else as either DH lied to me, or he was lied to about this weekend so I spent my only weekend with DH at home sleeping on the couch crying. I am sure we will move past it by the evening but it still sucks. I dream of one day my DH talking about me like you do your wife. She is a very lucky woman.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

Well, Rags, just enjoy the drama and dysfunction this forum so richly supplies, since you obviously have none in your real life Smile It's a good thing you have us who are so generous with our stories of war and woe...

Things are way too peachy in your neck of the woods Smile

Here is a good toast for your vows renewal. I am told it is an old Spanish toast.

May God grant you ( in random order) SALUD, DINERO Y AMOR - Y TIEMPO para disfrutar!

It would appear that you already have all of the above:

health, money and love - and TIME to enjoy them! 50 is young....

Rags's picture

Today was a good day in DW land and in the land of Rags' bank account. She scored the $1000 Jimmy Choos for $398.00.

It has been a long time since I have seen my bride this excited. Apparently these go with the dress spectacularly.

Freeking out over shoes? If it was a car I can see it, but shoes? :? Wink

Rags's picture

Fortunately for me there is room in my bride's heart for ~85+ pairs of shoes and for me. We are getting close to an impass though. She has filled all of the closet and shoe space in the MBR and is incroaching on my closet space in one of the spare bedrooms. She has dropped 3 sizes in the past year or so and will be purging the old and big stuff. No doubt it will all be replaced very soon and then some.

It looks like I will be downsizing my wardrobe soon.