You are here

Questions of The Night

Mb90's picture

Get home from trick or treating tonight and bf's dd4 asks "why do you want to get married someday?". Bf responds "because we love each other very much." Dd4 then says "well you haven't even known eachother for too long. Like 2 weeks." To which I ask who she's getting her information from...all signs pointing to bm.

Indigo's picture

Laughing. Kids are just amazing. Perhaps BM has been speaking in front of DD4, but I have to admit that my BS12+ still spouts silly things like this. His sense of time and money are quite fluid.

Write it off on general "small-child-syndrome" where Santa, MyPetPony and President Obama are equally real and when you believe that if you can figure it out you can fly.

Honestly, to a 4 yr old .... 2 weeks is a really, really, really, really long time.

Mb90's picture

Lol @ "where Santa, MyPetPony, and President Obama are equally real". Her dad tried to explain to her that we've known eachother since 5th grade, but to a 4 yo that still means about nothing. From the mouth of babes.

Indigo's picture

To a 4 yr old, 5th grade is freakin' ancient without adding the math of the years in-between. !! My BS12+ cannot wrap his brain around the fact that I first met FDH/SO back 27 years ago.

The comment regarding "not knowing each other too long" or whatever is definitely a parroting of BM. The 2 weeks comment? Probably legit 'cuz there is a Tooth Fairy, and she'll get to go Disney World this year, and a pony will just about fit into the backyard.

Enjoy the silliness of a 4yo if you can.

Rags's picture

Time to start introducing the 4yo to the facts in an age appropriate manner and bare BM's ass in the process.

Arm a kid with the facts and as they grow up they will form their own opinions and be able to protect themselves more effectively from the PASing dipshits in their blended family. When they are young facts can be just "We have known each other for a long, long time."

As they get older the facts can expand to include "Actually I give your mom/dad lots of money for you. To help feed you, buy you clothes, pay for your school stuff, etc...."

And finally to "You know where the Custody/Visitation/Support drawers are in the file cabinet and you know some of the basics about the court activity. Rather than listening to the lies of your mom/dad go look up the facts for yourself. Make sure you put everything back exactly where you found it."

lintini's picture

Ohhhh parroting!!!! It happens so much here!!!

When DH and I were dating, SS12 told BM that I lived in my parents basement, that I had 4 jobs and still went to school full time and that I am a professional musician. Oh and that I have bunnies living in my closet. Then at our first Xmas when DH's parents asked what he got me for Xmas, DH said earrings and (SS9 at the time)blurts out "AND WOW THEY WERE 500 DOLLARS!!!!" So of course that went back to BM to be told. He also has no concept of time or money. When we found out my african grey cost 1200$ thanks to DH sorting through receipts that surely went back to BM as well. You should have seen SS12's ears ....like satellites when DH was talking about how he made for selling his condo. I was so mad at him for talking about that in front of SS to his buddies. DH has slowly been learning what to say and not say in front of SS or when SS is around.

I can't wait until we trade in cars to get a truck so that can go back to BM like we bought a new one. Just like SS12 told BM that we bought this brand new house when we are only renting. SS12 LOVES parroting anything about finances or things we buy/do back to BM.

God damn enemy living in my house every weekend like some damn nazi spy.

PurpleCat's picture

Agree with others... the comment could have been influenced in some way by BM, but probably had more to do with how a 4-year-old thinks. After I first met SS (9 at the time), my DH (boyfriend at the time) got a call from BM asking about me. Apparently SS had told her I was Brazilian and already married to someone! (He got confused as I had made a comment about my SIL who is Brazilian and married to my brother.) Similar situations have happened since then with inaccurate information between the households.