You are here

Question. BM...correct in this statement

Stepmomnotroses's picture

Every year DH gets SS for spring break per the Custody agreement. DH sent BM as he always does a text message reminding her he will be picking SS up on Sunday night. BM responded by saying spring break is cancelled and the children will be learning remotely. BM means since spring break is cancelled than your extra parenting time is also cancelled. 

Yes BM is correct about Spring Break being cancelled but is she correct about DH losing his extra parenting time? Also why can’t SS do his school work remotely from our house that week?

Survivingstephell's picture

Spring break wasn't canceled in our state, (MI) my BD has no assignments due but starting Monday she will have to get back to it online.  

Ursula's picture

I don't think he should lose his time. But with all the craziness going on right now people are interpreting court orders in all kinds of crazy ways. 

Sandybeaches's picture

Cancelled or not all visitation should be.  Your DH should talk to BM about working something out where SS visits at another time when this virus pandemic is over.  It saves lives and really why would you want SS to come over when you can't do anything with him?  See if BM is agreeable to another time.  

mommadukes2015's picture

I have seen things that read "if school is in session online  follow typical parenting plan as if school was in session" so kind of. I would state that there is no barrier to learning because I'm sure you have internet and can do her regular work but BM might have a leg to stand on on this one. 

Rags's picture

Nope, I would say BM is not correct. Though if quarantine is quarantine then the Skid should remain in a single home for the duration. Which home really doesn't matter. Pick one.

IMHO of course.