You are here

question about minnesota child support....

inlove's picture

Well I am the 'new' wife. Happiest I have ever been in my life. Gonna start out saying that. My husband has a child graduating and we recently went to court for child support review/reduction. We still are paying on one, but with one graduating and my husbands income is down 13,000 from when they divorced, we thought it was a good time for such. I have heard from many, lawyers-including ours, and friends that have went through the same ordeal, that Minnesota pretty much goes off the caculator. Just looking for some cases and situations of people who went through this process. We are still waiting for judgement...just being impatient. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
The new, and lucky, wife.

inlove's picture

The new law, starting in 2007, has really changed that though. It is based on both incomes. If BM asks for more than the calculator allows, she has to have a pretty strong case and documentation as to why. Aside from our lawyer, we have inquired with 2 other lawyers and several people who recently went through a review/reduction and it was by the calculator. Could you get your reviewed?

inlove's picture

...also...fiancee's income has nothing to do with child support. Its what you make and what the Bm makes. If your paying 400.00 for one child....damn your lucky!