You are here

Proud of Hubby!!

TexasBelle_80's picture

Oldest SD starts school an hour after the younger ones and will leave for the bus after I get home from dropping the little ones off. This is a new thing this year since she has started middle school. The mornings after the kids go to school has always been a nice relaxing time for me and DH since all the kids are out of the house. We cuddle and talk about the day for about 20 minutes. Just nice together time. Since SD started school this year we have her literally in the middle of if, putting in her two cents and trying to be up DH's ass. Well, today is a VERY busy day as all four kids have after school activities and we were trying to figure out our schedules. SD was following us around the house as we talked. She kept raising her hand and waving it in DH's face, and he totally ignored her!! Then as DH was leaving (I always walk him to the door and kiss him goodbye) she tried to follow again. I said, "can you please give us a minute". She said she was trying to get her shoes and DH said "you can wait". It was just so wonderful to hear him acknowledge the fact that SD tries to scam on our together time. I know there will be irritating things in the future but today was awesome.

BitterSM's picture

Yay! It's nice to feel like your DH is on your side & not buying into the kid's garbage. As with all things it's baby steps. Good for you!