You are here

Proud of DH this morning

EvilWickedSM's picture

I am so proud of my husband. SD came to bedroom this morning to say she had a really bad headache and wanted to know if she could go to school late this morning. Said her headache was so bad that she had to take a shower in the dark. DH said no, you have to go to school. So, she whined and said that her head hurt really bad and it started last night. He said well, I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment for you if it’s that bad. She started arguing about it and he told her she either went to school on time or she would go to the doctor for this really bad headache. She then asked if she could call her mom and ask her. He said no. She then asked why and he told her because she’s at his house and he makes the decisions. Apparently this headache that was so bad she had to shower in the dark wasn’t too bad for her to stand there and argue with her father. He also got on her for arguing…lol. So, she had a doctor’s appointment at 8:30 this morning and he is dropping her off at school on the way back.

Toni49's picture

Excellent job, DH!! These SKids are so manipulative.

I see it in my H's two grandsons whose father (SD) divorced a dear girl and took up with "her." These two boys really push their father's buttons and whine to their mother about things that may or may not be actually true about "her." It's utter craziness and "her" really pisses and moans about being their stepmother. Well, she probably should have kept her knickers on and not chased a married man with two little kids, huh? Whoopsey!

thinkthrice's picture

"If you are smart, you won't mention it and let him continue to take care of SD"

EXACTLY! Do not over congratulate him! Or say anything other than the patented "wistful" look IF he brings it up to you--and something like "yeah, it's so tough to be a good parent" and then drop it--or "wow that must have been really tough--I know it would have been for me too but it's for the best."

If you congratulate him for being tough, he'll do the patented "monday morning quarterbacking"

He'll think: "HMMMMM If STEPMOM thinks I was doing the right thing then I MUST have been TOO HARSH with snookie wookums!"

Also be prepared for blow back from the BM!!!

EvilWickedSM's picture

I know, I was so pleased!!! It's been a long time coming, and I'm sure we will have some back-tracking, but I honestly think he is turning a page when it comes to her. I have at least seen that he's trying Smile

SD is 15 BTW.

I talked to him earlier and asked how the Dr went...he said "what do you think...lol, it was nothing and she's back in school". Yay DH!!