You are here

Preschool is coming up

sweetiebaby's picture

And my BF doesn't have a clue of what he is looking for. the man has never put kids in preschool. I on the other hand, have nannied for kids who are in preschool and have a decent idea of what to look for. I know that a preschool is going to be two to three days a week, for only about half a day. Anything more is pretty much a day care. BM has found a preschool that she likes. Neither BF nor I know where it is thought probably closer to her house than ours. He doesn't have an answer for any question I ask. I'm worried that the longer he takes to get answers, the more likely it will be that we have no choice but for SD to go to the preschool that BM choose. How do I even bring this up? How do I get answers out of him? I really don't want this little girl to spend all week with her mother because my BF can't take her to preschool during the week. Preschool could be the thing that gives BM full custody. my BF has been arguing with BM A LOT and I know he's tired of the arguing. I'm so scared he won't have the energy to argue this when it comes to it.

smurfy1smile's picture

BF may be overwhelmed as the prospect of choosing a school for his child. Call some in the area - yours and BM's and have them mail you some information. Then you can present the info to BF and let him loose with it. My SO needs a little push (more like shove) in the right direction to do parenting stuff he has no knowledge of or experience with.

If I help him a little, he will usually step up and do the rest.

ColorMeGone2's picture

My feeling on it is that it's his kid, his custody issue, his ex, his daughter's preschool... it's his call. He may be perfectly comfortable letting the child's mother choose the school and if that's his decision, well, so be it. You may not agree with the eventual outcome of his non-involvment, but hey, it's not your kid.

♥ Georgia ♥

"Good men don't just happen. They have to be created by us women." (from ROSEANNE)