You are here

Praise from BM's mom

girlmeetsworld714's picture

For mother's day this year, I wrote BM a note in a card thanking her for supporting a relationship between me and SD6 and letting her know I am aware she doesn't have to do anything she does for me, so I appreciate it. She never told me thanks for it or anything, but apparently she was happy enough with it that she left the card on display at her house with all her other mother's day cards. She lives with her parents. SD's birthday party was last weekend and BM's mom came up to me and told me she cried reading the card and ended up calling her mother and read it to her, and they cried together. She thanked me for what I did and told me I have an "eloquent" way with words and called me "multitalented." Well, I wouldn't use that word myself, but thanks! It felt nice getting some appreciation. BM has been distant from me in the last year and a half (we used to talk regularly about SD as we were friends before SO and I got together), so it's nice to be reassured she isn't talking shit about me at home or anything like sometimes I'm worried about.

Orange County Ca's picture

That's great. Keep putting in 60% or more into your relationship with her and she'll do the same.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

It was a very classy thing you did, and it received a very classy response.

Your SD is very lucky to be surrounded by so many smart, caring women.

Beginning with the multitalented you: if you are able to make everyone around you so happy
you have no reason not to be happy with yourself.