You are here

Please someone help me understand!

StayorGo's picture

In a post I stated that SD has a major pigeon toe issue, for which is genetically passed on from DH. So I stated about 4 years ago that they need to work on that, so the child isnt completely duck footed by Elementary school. Flash forward to now... when SD is with us we make her walk straight, concentrate on her foot placement and really try to self correct the issue. This is what worked for DH so we figured hey why not try it with SD.

Yesterday, DH gets a text telling him that SD is at the doctors to check on her legs because of the way she walks! Also getting Xrays to make sure there are no bone deformations! I said WTH is going on? Did Bm say anything to you about this? And why the hell aren't you there too to hear what the doctor is saying about this? I was PISSED OFF!

Today, SD is not at camp again and he hasn't heard a word from BM as to what happened at the doctor, if doctor said anything and how the xrays went. Doesnt even know where SD is at this point. Needless to say I am F'n pissed again because for all we know BM and SD along with BM husband could be at the childrens hospital 2 hours away that doctor said would be better suited to help SD if there is a problem detected.

I asked DH if he called BM or got any new info... he says "no, I have been busy and havent called"... I just ended the conversation right there when my blood pressure went through the roof!

Please help me understand how DH can take this all so lightly... when if its up to BM, SD will have rods and screws in her shins without even letting DH know before hand let alone DH be there for it! I want to scream!

Jsmom's picture

My first thought when reading this is you need to step back and realize this is not your kid. The BM is handling it and if your DH doesn't want to be involved in the process, that is his issue. If you disengage a little bit here, this will not cause you so much stress. As for the camp, did you pay for it. If so, then you should at least know why she is missing it. Otherwise, this is in the custodial Birth parents hands. Sounds like the BM is handling it.