You are here

Pipe Dreams

Smomof3's picture

Smile I have an issue. My skids live with me girl 14 and boy 13. We have legal custody and she pays no support, which was the only way to get custody. The boy has been with us for three years and we've finally gotten him caught up at school, the girl came last year because she missed 16 days of school, went from being an AB student to being a DF student, and had constant drama with her Mom...that has all turned around.

Now the kids Mom after being clean for 2 1/2 years from Crack wants the kids back, especially the girl. Their mother leads and alternative life style and plans to wed the woman who was maid of honor at the wedding she had with my husband. (It's an uncomfortable issue.) We are supportive of her lifestyle, but don't agree with it. She's not a bad person, she just doesn't parent well; bedtimes, rules, judgement calls, etc.

Their mother has now filled the kids with pipe dreams of her new job. She's going to hold auctions for celebrities, get to meet them, and then the kids when they're older will be famous musicians due to her new potential contacts. She's gone from a cook/manager at Denny's to organizing and holding multimillion dollar auctions for the rich and famous. As adults we see that this sounds too good to be true, but the kids don't get it.

The kids want to move back because it will be so much fun, they'll meet famous people and be rich. How do we combat that. The courts are ok with the lifestyle, she's not abusive, it's a safe environment, just not a structured one. We're at a loss and feel we need to keep the kids on the right path. Any advise on what we should do?

Smomof3's picture

You've all validated my thoughts. We believe it's a ploy for support as well. We also think she could relapse and her ideas are outlandish.

Smomof3's picture

Guess what Mom is back at Bob Evans and her new job didn't work out. They "screwed her over" in the words of the kids.