You are here

Petty b!tch

ocs's picture

I know I should pick my battles, and in the grand scheme this is nothing.

We are getting married and Snaggletooth said we could get SD's haircut. A week later, when I spoke with SD, I told her we would be going to my hairdressers to do it. (at our expense) She then said, "oh- mommy is cutting it before school starts."

Here is the problem... Cheapo Snaggletooth cuts it herself. The kid's hair is cut horribly, and she has BEAUTIFUL hair!

All I want is that she looks good for wedding photos. Too much to ask? Am I being a bitch? Didn't she say we could take her?

PeanutandSons's picture

Ifbm said you could get it cut, take her to get it cut. Not sure how old your SD is, but kids don't overide what adults say. Until you hear from bm, proceed with the information you have been given. If SD says anything else about it just say, we spoke to tour mom and she said we could take you. Don't mention it until you are in the car heading to the hairdresser.

ocs's picture

ok- she's 12.

I think BM just said she would do it, about a week after she said we could. I have decided that if it doesn't look proper, I will get it fixed before the wedding.
Thanks for the tip to not say anything!

PeanutandSons's picture

Beth,

Has it ever occurred to you that SD might be intentionally setting bm off? Maybe she went home and said how she didn't lime her hair cut and that you insisted on doing it youself instead of taking her somewhere. Could bm just be feeling the need to defend her daughter based on faulty information?

Only you know your particular flavor of.bm crazy, but a lot of your stories have had me wondering just how much SD is instigating all this.

PeanutandSons's picture

Even if bm had hated the haircut, its not like she would have said that in front of the kid, no matter who cut the hair. My skids come home every year with horrible horrible school pictures, and yet I rave about how nice they look every year when they come home with them. Dh let SS get a mowhawk one time and it looked horrendous, but I still made a big deal to him how cool it was. Then in private told Dh how badly I thought it looked, and had Dh get it recut a week later.

PeanutandSons's picture

No no, I'm not saying it was a crappy cut.

Just that now that SD has been proven to manipulate things, you really have to try and see things from all angles. It's really easy to jump to conclusions based on the information available to you, but bm may be operating off a whole diff set of information.

ocs's picture

Beth- so funny you should say that! My salon is also super upscale- a GF owns it. I wanted to give her the nice salon experience. Not a bang trim in mommy's kitchen that looks all crooked.

ESPECIALLY since she will be in a lot of photos.