You are here

Personal - Needing Your Prayers.....

stepwitch's picture

If anyone is keeping up the the hurricane getting ready to blast the Galveston bay area. My sister, and her family live between Galveston and Houston. Now this Hurricane is currently a catagory 2 and is expected to be a catagory 3 (greater than 100 mph winds) Katrina was a catagory 3 when it hit....

They have packed up and borded up and went inland, I'm just praying they went inland far enough. Their home backs into a conservation state park and the yard is full of huge trees. Flooding may be an issue, but for them the trees pose the greatest risk. Their home is beautiful and I pray they still have it when it is all over.

Please say a prayer for them as well as all whom will be affected.

Thank you for your prayers, and God Bless.

bellacita's picture

this hurricane is awful...it sucks that people have to go thru this. i hope their home will be intact when they return. bless them!

"Given the right reasons and the right two people, marriage is a wonderful way of experiencing your life."
~the late great George Carlin

Chel Bell's picture

my kids & Ex are in Austin. They have a bunch of people that have evacuated to there, as Austin is not supposed to be hit to hard. It's such a big storm though, I still worry."~waiting on the world to change~"

stepwitch's picture

Now, I am really concerned: At the last minute they decided to stay. They are staying!!! WTF ?? I asked her if she was crazy ! She said that they were able to take a few trees aroung the house down last night, and that they were prepared with all they may need for utilites out for a few weeks.... Still I was like WTF? She said they had plenty of gas for the generator and have plenty of food, I said, well I hope you have plenty of firepower, because whoever has the bigger guns, will have the most water, food, shelter, etc..

She said, I didn't think of that. She said if she changes her mind she will leave with the kids, the good thing is that the roads have cleared now....... OH GOD !

I think that since the last hurricane was built up so much and little happened, that they are not listening to the warnings..... I just want to shake her !!

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

northernsiren's picture

I know this is very scary for you with loved ones, I truly hope all will be well. My family and I rode out many hurricanes while I was growing up, it's scary, but as long as the house is safe from trees, loss of power is the biggest problem. Positive thoughts your way!

from my SD, the reason we're going through it all....:
o, btw, my dad and *northernsiren* are the best family a girl(and boy) could ever hope for. Thank you for helpping me through these hard times.

mwelch's picture

This scared the sh*t out of me when I heard on the TV this morning that if those in the storms path stay it will be "certain death". Please tell her to leave...she owes it to her kids and her family. You can replace your home but you can't replace your life. You are all in my thoughts.

Reality is always controlled by the people who are most insane.
~Dogbert

The Principlist's picture

At my last check of the news it said that if people boarded up properly, they could ride out the storm. I know the trees and water are a major concern. Let's hope for the best. That's the thing that I hate about hurricanes, as we sat here hoping that we in Florida get spared, the sad reality is that in order for it to miss us, it then becomes a burden to someone else or another area.

Step Mother's Motto this week is:

You don't have to LOVE me, you don't even have to LIKE me... But you will RESPECT me.

stepwitch's picture

They were able to ride out the storm with little damage !! Everyone is ok, no one is hurt in my family.

I talked to my sister this morning and she said that because the town she lives in was on the south-west side of the eye of the hurricane, that they were lucky. She said that it got real hairy for a while, but no damage to thier home. She said it was going to take them a long time to get their yard cleaned up, but was greatful that there was no flooding. She said that utility companies were out already working on the lines.

Thank you everyone for the prayers. I'm praying now for all the ones that this hurricane has wreaked havoc on. Princi... your right, it is really hard to think that I'm so glad my sister's family is ok, but others are damaged beyond belief.....

Thank you for the prayers....

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!