You are here

PAS

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

https://www.thestar.com/news/2009/01/24/mom_loses_custody_for_alienating...

It will become more and more common for parents engaging in this negative behavior to lose custody. It's about time the courts take this more seriously.

Salems Lot's picture

"It will become more and more common for parents engaging in this negative behavior to lose custody. It's about time the courts take this more seriously."

Unfortunately, no. Many courts here in Canada still don't take PAS seriously.
It is rare for a parent to lose custody over PAS here.

Litay's picture

The article talks about going to the ex's funeral to support the children. My step son's mother came to my late husband's funeral and that was ok because she is a decent person. I would be besides myself if my step daughter's mother came to my current husband's funeral because she was so evil to him.

Rags's picture

The issue is as much the idiots in the black robes who sit on the Family court bench as it is the toxic PASing Xs. This is a single good decision (long overdue from the article) from 7yrs ago and from a foreign country. The US will never see any significant improvement on eliminating the perpetrators of PAS from the lives of kids until we see a major change in our judiciary.

Rags's picture

Dupe.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Never noticed it was from 2009. Weird. It pooped up on my news feed today. I am from Canada so that is why it interested me.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

I really hope this is the case. Here in NY, the family court system doesn't even recognize PAS. It should be considered mental and emotional child abuse. It's far too late for us anyway, but maybe it'll help others someday.