You are here

parenting coordinator

Calypso1977's picture

Anyone had the court appoint one or jointly agree with the ex to use one? pros? cons?

derb84123's picture

DH and BM have one

Pros- an actual professional giving insight/ meeting with parents
Cons- It is so new that a lot of people don't know what it is or respect their opinion

In our sitch BM simply ignores her orders even tho the CO states that the P.C. can advise... There are a lot of hoops to jump through because so few ppl know what they are for it to mean much.IF both parties follow the court order and respect the PC and their role I think its super beneficial.

Calypso1977's picture

right now BM isnt following the CO. she is the one pushing for this, my fiance's attorney is adamantly denying it.

based on the law in our state, the judge cant order it. it must be agreed to by both parties. the catch tho is that suspension of use of the PC must be agreed to by both.

we think BM wants it because talking to my fiance through a PC will be cheaper for her than talking to him through her lawyer which is what she is doing now.

we also agreed to use the stupid Family Wizard which i have serious doubts about. BM is not magically going to start providing information just because its through a different avenue.