You are here

O/T weird request from ExH, new fiances ExH

shabner's picture

Ok this is off topic, but just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this. To give a bit of background on the situation. My xH and I separated after I found out he was having an affair with the town trollop while I was away on a business trip. The trollop's daughter is an aquaintance of mine that I used to work with and have kept in touch with through functions over the years. She does not have contact with the trollop at all. The trollop and my XH are all about drama, so for that matter is the daughter. So today I received a message from the daughter saying she would like to get together for a drink, and she has a friend that has been asking to meet me for a drink as well. It was vauge but we have mutual friends that I haven't seen in awhile so I said sure. She then gets back to me to let me know that it's her dad who wants to meet me, the trollops Xh. I guess he phoned her last week when he found out that her and I were friends and he asked if she could set up a meeting. Keep in mind that the trollop and him split up over 8 years ago. I am not sure what to think of this and what his motive could be. Any ideas/advice?

shabner's picture

I'm not sure if she is trying to hook us up or not, I know she is very fond of her father, and doesn't like her mother at all, (hasn't gotten over her mother cheating on her dad) but she knows I am in a relationship. What I don't understand is the request from him to meet me. My xh's relationship with her is quite new, less than a year, and he and the trollop have been divorced for nearly 9 so I don't know what to make of it. Do they want a slam session where we all bitch about the woman who ruined our lives? I'm so over that and not into digging up those bones.

shabner's picture

That is what I am thinking too, we live in a very small town and trying to hold my head up high after xH was parading his trollop gf around town while we were still together was very hard, and the way I was able to do it was to distance myself from all of the drama surrounding it, and the gossip mongers, and move swiftly on with my life. I don't want any of the drama associated with any of these people. But I still can't help but be curious to wonder what it's truly about. I've tried hard not to listen to the gossip that surrounds these people, but I am only human.

stormabruin's picture

I agree with hereiam. Leave the trollop, your ex & all of their drama behind you.

Be thankful you got away from all of it when you did & focus on moving forward with your new life sans any of them. After all, was that not your purpose in moving on?

This guy has had 8 years to let go of his past & chooses to hang on. Don't let him pull you back into it with him.

ETA: It is human to be curious. However, it is curiosity that killed the cat. What they're doing is none of your business. When it comes to the past, it's best left alone.

Orange County Ca's picture

I'd go and of course its a (Is it a blind) date. Unless you're not interested in any guy at this point I see little to lose. Public place, his kid is there and you already get along with her.

He doesn't like his ex so he won't be carrying baggage for her. But could still be ragging on her which I'm sure you don't want to hear.

Trollop. I use the word occasionally but rarely see it in print anymore.