You are here

o/t (kinda) on the discussion of old pictures

cpreston's picture

do you have any OLD pictures of you and ex b/f's or g/f's?
I've seen random pictures here and there of The Misters' ex-g/f (the one he dated briefly before he met me) stuff with his son and her, one with the three of them at her parents house at the beach.
doesn't bother me...
I on the other hand have literally about a hundred or so pictures of a trip I took with the last b/f I had before I met The Mister... some of them are just me, some of them are just him, some are the both of us... the rest of them are 'touristy' pictures of the places we went.
They are ALL at my mother's house. I dont' know what to do with them. It was a lovely trip, but I don't want to upset The Mister by bringing them into our house, but again, I don't want to throw them a way either

(if you're thinking I could just take the ones of me and the 'touristy' pictures and toss the ones of 'us' or 'him' I know The Mister, he'd be annoyed that I brought ANY Of them into the house)

Does anyone else here have any pics from old b/fs or g/fs? what do you do with them?

BSgoinon's picture

the only pictures I have from past relationships are a few from my exh, my wedding album is in my oldest daughters hope chest for when she grows up. I have an album from our trip to Italy (that is where he proposed) also in the Hope Chest, and a few "family pics" from when my daughters were babies. All in their hope chests. That is where they will stay until the girls move out.

DH doesn't have any pictures of BM. She however has albums and albums that she keeps out in plain view. STRANGE. I often wonder how her LIVE IN boyfriend feels about that.

cpreston's picture

DH doesn't have any pictures of BM. She however has albums and albums that she keeps out in plain view. STRANGE. I often wonder how her LIVE IN boyfriend feels about that.

She keeps them out in Plain View? that is weird

my WONDERFUL step-son is the one that has held onto the pictures of the x-girlfriend (I think she was WAY more fun that I am)LOL

BSgoinon's picture

Yep... In fact, a few years back, BM was in a car accident with SS. SS was about 4 years old and broke his foot but it took a few days to figure out what was wrong with him (they kept xraying his hip). DH and I went to BM's house to pick up SS and take him to the Dr (she didn't have a car anymore). He was laying on BM's bed. DH and I went in to her room to get him (because he couldn't walk) and their wedding album was sitting on the floor next to her bed :? DH kicked it when he walked over to pick SS up and it slid under her bed, her face was bright red. DH looked at her and said "that is really creepy, you need to do something with that, like BURN it".

stormabruin's picture

I have all of my old pictures, as does DH. Past relationships, previous weddings...all of it. We do not have them out on display. I put them all in albums & they are put away. We don't treat each other to memory lane with them or anything like that, but neither of us has issue with the other keeping pictures from the past. After all, it is the past that brought us to where we are.

Maybe you could put them in a box & put them in an attic or storage somewhere?

janeyc's picture

I got rid of them, it took time though before I was completely ready to do it, its nice sometimes to have a look at them, especially the type that you have, you had a good trip so its nice to remember, why not just bring the ones without the ex in?

Orange County Ca's picture

If they were pictures of my ex-wife I would keep them for my kids. But a old boyfriend? Whatever. Leave them at Mom's having sorted through them tossing the ones with boyfriend in them.