You are here

OT - joy of spring

SMof2Girls's picture

Despite all the drama with BM and the skids .. there are some happy peeps in my home.

I received my 5 new baby chicks and 3 baby ducklings yesterday! Little fuzzy butts make me VERY happy .. completely enamored by the cuteness <3

What brings you joy in the midst of the drama/chaos that can be steplife?

zerostepdrama's picture

My pets.... 3 cats and a cockatoo....and my BS. He has his moments but he can be such a good kid. He is sympathetic, loving, smart, friendly, funny, caring and wants to help out. Seeing how the skids act makes me a better mom to my BS and makes me work harder at making sure BS is a good kid who people will enjoy being around.

Willow2010's picture

Awww..one of these days I want chickens! What do you do with them? Use just for eggs or meat also?

SMof2Girls's picture

I just use them for eggs and pets now. They're really funny birds, very entertaining Smile

DH wants to raise chickens & ducks for meat, but I think I'd have to intentionally distance myself from the meat birds Sad

zerostepdrama's picture

I agree that birds are very entertaining. Who would have thought? We got our cockatoo about a month ago. He is so funny! He was showing off for my mom the first time she met him and it was so comcial.

SMof2Girls's picture

That's awesome. Easily my most favorite thing about owning a home with a little chunk of land is the freedom to do what I want. We have a pretty substantial garden, chickens, and now ducks. DH wants a goat, but I don't think he'll embrace the responsibility of milking Wink

Calypso1977's picture

vacation with fiance, no SD in sight, at the end of this month.

2 business trips for fiance over the next 6 weeks. sad he's gone, but that means i dont have to see SD.

Willow2010's picture

Oh oh oh!!! I want a goat too!!!

And I could not do meat birds either. They would all have names and we would starve! lol

SMof2Girls's picture

LOL yeah, exactly my point! We had a few chickens get grabbed by a fox last year; I was heartbroken Sad

We get a lot of eggs out of our chickens, to the point I'm able to sell the extras for a little extra cash. It's not much, but it covers the cost of their feed and supplies Smile

Dizzy's picture

The pool. Our community pool is heated and open year round, but I refuse to entertain even observing the kids until it's at least 80 degrees...we had our first official family pool day yesterday and I got in and even got my hair wet. Being poolside in the sun is my happiness.