You are here

o/t, how did you find Step Talk?

Bubbly1's picture

Just curious as to what you guys had to type in to find Step Talk?

I went to google and typed "help! I can't stand to be in the room with my stepdaughter!" And poof, up popped ST! Thank Goodness, this place has been a God send!

fireflytai's picture

you know... i was just about to type my response on how i found this place and for the life of me I cant remember. And this was less than 24 hours ago. LOL! I must have been meant to find this place and Im very glad. Been reading every post and have discovered so many honest to goodness insights from all different sides.

PeanutandSons's picture

Can't remember exactly what I googled...... Help with stepkids..... Or maybe help being a step parent?

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

I googled step parenting Adult kids or something like that. Thank goodness I found this site. I have been reading non-stop all day and feel like I am not alone in this awful place.

Bubbly1's picture

Welcome firefly! If you haven't yet, read step-monster by Wednesday Martin. You'll be glad you did.

I know I was at the end of my rope! I felt like the ONLY step-mom who couldn't be in the room with their sd! I would call my mother in tears some days and say "Mom, I'm going straight to hell for the way I feel but, I can't stop" to which she would reply "Bubbly1, you've got to control this or you're gonna drive fdh away" and I'd cry some more! This site has helped me not only see that I'm not alone but, I'm NORMAL! Also it gave me the book Step-Monster that further validated my feelings. And made me feel less alone.

Thanks STalkers! You gals (and guys) are awesome!

Nomdamour's picture

I googled stepparenting today and saw "stepparents" and "vent". I already feel better, since there really is noplace for us to go. I don't need "I-told-you-so" from the naysayers or "just hang in there" from my faraway family. I needed advice and some folks to bounce stuff off of. It's here!

the_stepmonster's picture

I was on another website and they were talking about how this site is soooo hateful to their stepchildren and how disgusted everyone was. Out of curiosity I went to the site and found my kindred spirits LOL

bi's picture

me too. exact same thing. i was talking about the old board i used to be on that SUCKED, and one of the members said "i assume you are talking about step talk?" i had never heard of this place, but i checked it out. the very first time i started looking for help, i googled "why are stepdaughters jealous of stepmothers" and it took me to that other worthless board. (where the front page alone has posts from over a week ago on it because it's a dead little cliquey board). i just wanted to know why sd who was 16 at the time saw me as competition. i wish to God it had taken me here instead.

luckykitten's picture

I searched husband leaves step mom to raise his biological daughter, and hands off dad. Lol.... Both times this site popped up. Before joining I had searched how to react as a step mom with an evil biological mom to contend with.... I remember seeing this site, and not knowing what it was.

IfearImgoinnutz's picture

I googled something like "I cant stand my husband's exwife" and got to this site. I'm sooo thankful I did, it helps to vent to others who know what I'm feeling instead of taking it out on my husband all the time.

planningMyEscape's picture

Smile I typed something along the lines of "is it wrong to leave stepkids home when we take a vacation". Been here everyday since!!

Unfreakingreal's picture

I googled I hate my stepkids and Steptalk was the first thing that popped up, that was over 2 years ago and I am still here. It's the best thing ever invented and has literally saved my marriage, because I was ready to walk out.

KeepingMySanity's picture

I found it after googling "how to not be a part of your stepkids lives"

*edit: I'd like to add that I really do want to be part of their lives, it was just a really bad day lol*

doll faced sm's picture

I googled something to the effect of "online support for special needs step-kids." It was the first hit; guess special needs kids put a strain on first marriages! lol

mamamomo's picture

I googled help I hate my stepkid and here I am and I love it! I feel so much better!

helena_brass's picture

I Googled AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHLKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK HELP ME, and Google said, "Did you mean StepTalk?"

IAmALady77's picture

I went to google and typed I hate my baby daddys new gf...thinking I would find something on BM that she wrote somewhere lol, I was a mega stalker, somewhat over that now that Ive found this place Smile

frustrated-mom's picture

I searched in Google "my stepdaughter is destroying my marriage" and I found the site. I was so relieved to find out that I wasn't alone with all my problems with my SD. There was absolutely no one I could talk to and I don't want to admit to anyone about all the problems we have or how I feel. This is the only safe place to admit how you really feel about your skids.

ZX10R's picture

I Google searched, "step parent forum" knowing that there HAD to have been some place out there to vent and read other peoples stories.