You are here

OT/ flying with a 1 year old... any tips??

DaizyDuke's picture

So DH, BS1 and I are going on vacation in 2 weeks and we are flying. I am terribly nervous about BS1.. he's a really good baby, but I just am not sure about the whole plane thing. He has been walking for about 6 weeks now so I know he's not going to be a happy camper about sitting on my lap for 45 minutes.

anyone have any tips for flying with a baby, I would greatly appreciate them!! Wink

SusiQ's picture

We flew a bunch with my DS starting when he was about 6 weeks old. He usually fell asleep as the plane would back away from the gate - nap time or not - he still does - it does make our flight a little easier.

Which seats do you have? sometimes I flew Southwest and they used to let families on first - worth the cost now if you have kids - I would sit in the middle seat and then I could block DS in with my legs and he'd have a little room to roam.
Change the diaper right before you get on the plane and have a bottle or sippy cub ready for take off and landing -
If you're in a window seat, you can probably entertain them for most of the time just looking out the window.