You are here

OT: do you ever wonder about famous people who become stepparents?

MissJulsie's picture

Do you ever wonder about celebrities who become stepparents? 
Do you ever read a gossip article, see that two celebs have hooked up, see that one or both has a child, and think "Uh oh..." .

I mean, Hollywood is full of divorces,

But the other day, something caught my eye about Arnold Schwarzenegger's daughter Catherine marrying Chris Pratt. And he just so happens to have a son. And even though the magazine world might say "Oh how nice", I wonder what it's really like for Catherine....

relationshipguru's picture

Much like social media, the news only displays a certain portrait of things and how they want them to be. Also no one is going to come out and tell the world how hard it is being a step parent. 

advice.only2's picture

Considering the kids are being raised by nannies, I find it hard to believe that they suffer from the same step issues that normal society does.

CLove's picture

Giselle B, Kamala Harris, etc. I see things from their perspective and more often than not feel more sympathy.

Being under the spotlight puts even more pressure on the step parent...and makes things even more stressful! I wonder if there are any celebrity steppers here on steptalk!

Birchclimber's picture

It's funny that you mention Kamala Harris.  I watched her closely during the inauguration ceremonies etc.  The one thing that I noticed is that, more often than not, she had her niece by her side and every once in a while, the stepdaughter walked along side of her.  It made me think... 

caninelover's picture

I tend to view those articles and think they are superficial overly-glamourized portraits of celebrity steplife.  Mostly these wealthy couples have drivers, cooks, nannies etc to help deal with the day-to-day issues.

Miss T's picture

I just think, "More money than sense," and move on with my day.

seriouslyfreda's picture

I'd imagine being step parent is much easier when the person you are married to is rich. However in the real world most people I know who are divorced with kids are as broke as a joke. Most don't have a pot to @iss in and are looking for someone to help them out.

shamds's picture

As he's marrying a gold digging whore that will disinherit us and we need to scheme to kick her and the kids she has with daddy to the kerb and make him choose us over them. 

seriouslyfreda's picture

I am unfamiliar with the backstory in your case, too unfamilair to comment on it. You can always feel free to fill me in.

Someoneelse's picture

I could care less, they have enough money to make EVERYONE happy, and enough nannies to NOT have to raise their own kids. I don't take parenting advice from someone who doesn't raise their kids.... I'd take it from the nannies before I took it from them!!! They also have to put on a good show because they are ALWAYS in the spot light. ALL their interviews are staged, they know all the questions before hand, and have time to practice the answers. They are actors, so of COURSE they can act like everything is fine LOL

No, I never wonder about famous people who become stepparents